XIX. That Was So Scary.

act two: getting you back▌chapter nineteen

▌chapter nineteen . . .
that was so scary.

          Andreas found me in the courtyard

          Andreas found me in the courtyard. "Come on." He said pulling my arm.

Riven smacked his hand. "Get your hands off her." He said pulling me away. "Let's go, Mags. No questions right now, please." I nodded and followed them.

We got in the car, Dane sat in the front while Riven and I were in the back. "What's going on, Riven?"

"We're going to Silva's house. To see if there's anything that can help us track him."

"My dad hasn't been there since Christmas."

"Well, guess we'll just look around." Andreas chuckled.

"I'm gonna break up with Beatrix." Riven whispered.

"Wow, what's the reasoning?"

"Not now." We got to the house. I haven't been here in so long. I got the chills. "It's only 10 mins, we'll be in and out." Riven reassured. "Also, you might wanna get some things, Andreas is planning on torching the place."

I cast an enchantment on my bag, I can put as many things as I want and it won't get full. I wasn't going to argue with Andreas. When we go inside I start taking all the books, the pictures of Sky, Sky's medals, I even took the guitar. I was looking at the floorboard he told me about when I felt someone there, it was Sky.. and Bloom.

"Let's check in the other room." I suggest.

Stay put, do not make a sound, and please don't try anything. I say to Sky and Bloom.

Andreas' phone vibrates. "Rosalind." He says answering his phone. "He's awake?" He exclaims. "You said he was barely holding on when he escaped the lab. Has he spoken to anyone yet?" He pauses listening to Rosalind. "We should be there in case he does. You sure the others are secure?" He hangs up.

"Devin woke up?"

"He did." Andreas takes the photo of him and Sky. "Let's go back." We go outside. "Someone was here. Probably someone who knows where Silva is. This should send them a message." Andreas puts the cuffs on me again and holds me back. "Now, burn it down."

"What? No!" I scream. "Riven, please! No."

"I'm sorry." He mouths.

They throw gasoline on the house, light the matches, and the throw them. The house now caught in flames with Sky and Bloom in it. I run over to go inside but Riven pulls me back and hugs me. "Riven, they're inside."

"Who?"

"Sky and Bloom." I cry.

"Bloom's a fire fairy, she can handle it, right?"

"What if she can't Riv? Do you think we'll be able to forgive ourselves for letting our best friends die."

"Let's go, you two." Andreas said.

"They'll be okay." Riv says. "Someone's helping Silva. They think it's Sky but I know it's not, it's.. Never mind."

When we arrive back at the school, I go back to the suite and see Bloom there. I drop my bag and hug her. "Thank God, are you alright?"

"Yeah, and so is Sky. We got out through the back way."

"That was so scary."

Stella notices the marks on my arms and wrists. "What happened?"

"Andreas torched my dad's house. He put the lovely bracelets on me to stop me. Thank God Bloom was able to control the fire."

Bloom calls Sebastian and goes through the book. "Everyone has the photos I took of Rosalind's book."

"We need to match the symbols with the translation text to break the code." Sebastian says. We all look at the symbols and the translation trying to figure it out.

"I thought about bringing the text to you, Sebastian, but I..."

"Oh. This is safer."

"You couldn't risk crossing Rosalind and leaving campus. Not after what she did to Devin." Stella says.

"I... I think I got it. As far as I can tell, this is some sort of summoning spell for those creatures."

"Summoning spell? What element does that fall under?" Terra asked.

"It's ancient. Not elemental."

"So Rosalind is summoning these creatures?"

"To attack fairies? Why?" I asked.

"Hang on, I've seen that before. Store. Or save. Hoard? That's... that's what that symbol means. The one that looks like a J with a table next to it. Store. Hold." Aisha says.

I look around. "Magic." I point. "Hold magic."

"Wait. Devin was begging Rosalind to give him his magic back." Terra adds.

"What if Rosalind is summoning these things to steal magic from fairies? To make herself stronger."

"She let Devin die so that we wouldn't figure this out." I say.

"Rosalind's already one of the most powerful fairies alive." Stella says.

"The thing about power is, no matter how much you have, it's never enough."

*ROSALINDS OFFICE*

"Your update on Silva."

"No concrete advances." Rosalind starts choking Dane, Riven, and Andreas.

Beatrix couldn't watch her kill Andreas. It was too much. "Riven knows something!" She blurt out. "Something about who helped Silva escape. He just won't say what." Rosalind let's them go. Beatrix tries to apologize by looking at him but he was pissed.

"Oh, very well. Everyone is dismissed." Everyone starts to walk out. "Except Riven." Rosalind says. "You're going to tell me everything you know about Saul Silva."

*SKY'S ROOM*

"Stella, why am I in Sky's room?" Sky walks out and I turn to see my dad.

"Hello my children." He says.