XVI. I Missed You, Little Dove.

act two: getting you back▌chapter sixteen

▌chapter sixteen .  .  .
i missed you, little dove.

          Andreas called me to get ready so we can go get my dad

Andreas called me to get ready so we can go get my dad. When we got to the car, he put the bracelets Beatrix had on when she got captured. "Safety precautions. No hard feelings." He said.

"What are those things? Take them off her!" Riven shouted.

"When we have successfully transported the prisoner, she will be free. Until then we cannot take any risks."

"Did you run this by Rosalind? Because I'm sure she'd love to hear that you have her student in this and let's say Silva somehow manages to escape, I could help."

"Not a chance."

"So what am I even doing here?"

"Leverage. Silva will make sure you're safe and he won't try anything if you're here."

I go in the front car while Dane and Riven ride in the other car. We get to Solaria and I stand in front of my father. "No emotions." I could hear Rosalind in my head.

"Magnolia?" My dad asked.

"Hello, father." I stand with my shoulder back and my head up. They put him in the van and Andreas goes in to talk to him.

"I know how hard this must be for you, Mags." Riven says.

"Yeah, well, it's not like I can really do anything. Even if I didn't have these little accessories on me, it still wouldn't help. Anyways, he chose his path, now I'm choosing mine."

"Let's move out." Andreas says coming out, the trucks start up and we all get in. Hopefully, nothing has ruined the girls plans so far.

I know what you're thinking, how could I forgive Bloom but not Sky? Because I barely know Bloom, I've know Sky for two years. So screw him.

It seemed like we've been in the car forever. Finally, we stopped because the car started to smoke. They moved me and my dad to the same car as Riven and Dane. We kept going, which means the plan was failing. Suddenly, explosion cause us to stop. "Stay here." Riven said.

They all run out. "Hurry up and run. No matter how much they threaten you with my life, do not stop running. I'm too valuable to kill. I love you, Dad."

"I love you too, Mags." He breaks free and runs.

"Stop!" Andreas screamed. After a while they come back without him. Andreas came to my side, opened the door, yanked me out, and slammed me against the car. "You helped him escape, didn't you?"

I started fake crying. "No, I swear."

"You're a liar!" He said slamming me against the car again.

"Can you chill?! She's not one of your Specialist, Andreas. You can't be so aggressive with her!" Riven shouted.

"Let me go. He's escaped and you failed. Wait, til Rosalind hears about this." He takes the bracelets off and I walk away. "By the way, I'm walking back to school. Don't worry, that part I'll tell Rosalind was my decision." I walk far enough and feel the ground. I hear voices near, I go over and see the girls with my dad.

"Finally!" Aisha says.

Terra starts treating him. "That has to be the most reckless thing you have ever done." My dad says to me. He gets up and hugs me. "I missed you, Little Dove."

"I missed you too, Dad. I'm so glad you're okay."

"Also, I don't think that's the most reckless thing we've done." Terra chimes in.

"Weren't you here last year?"

"Yeah. Bloom and Mag went crazy and let loose Evil Headmistress." We all chuckle.

"What do we do now?" I asked.

"Take me to Blackbridge. Right off the town square, my friend Sebastian owns a store. He helped us take down Rosalind. He'll hide me." I hide my dad and we go to the store. I went back to the school because I knew Rosalind would be curious.

I find Riven unloading. "Arrows right in the back. Fucking savage. Then he did this sad ass flop right into the river. It was game over!"

"You think this is funny." I say.

"Magnolia! No, we were, um, just chatting."

"Just chatting? What about my dad getting shot in the back?"

"Just messing around. Relax, love."

"I'm not gonna relax." I say getting more into his face.

"Okay then, don't relax. But I think we both remembered what happened to Sky." Dane snickers.

I punch him causing him to fall over so I punch him again, he falls to the ground so I take out my sword and Riven grabs me. "Mags, get the fuck off him."

"You let me know when you wanna keep chatting, love." I mock. I go passed Andreas who looked satisfied.

I go to the cafeteria and I found Stella and Beatrix. "Woah, both of my best friends together? This is something."

"Care to join us?" Beatrix asked.

"Sure. Pass the flask."

"Oh god, Stella has you with her off-brand Crocs as well? Stella let them go. You need to start dressing like a normal person again. Please, I beg you."

"Never."

"Bea. Please."

Beatrix destroyed her Crocs. "They were ugly but comfortable." Beatrix said.

"You did what no one else would."

"Now that you have that little gem, you have to start giving a fuck what you look like."

"What gem?" I chuckle nervously.

"Might as well show her."

Stella takes her sweater off and shows me. "It stops my invisibility magic and I can't leave outside the Barrier."

Devin comes in groaning. "Help!"

"Oh my God! What happened to you?"

"Rosalind." He said right before he passed out.