XIII. You Are My Mother.

act one: finding everything and nothing

▌chapter thirteen . . .
you are my mother.

    "Magnolia? Can you hear me?" A woman said.

"Miss Dowling?" She groaned.

"Nope, it's me, Rosalind."

"They killed the Burned One that attacked you. You're okay." Beatrix said.

"Where is everyone?"

"They're all out. Now... What is it you most desire?"

"To be happy. With my parents. And Sky. And my friends."

"I can help you. All you have to do is agree to be on my side."

"Why should I trust you? After all the lies you've told me."

"I cured you. They killed the Burned One that attacked you, but they all think you're dead. Look at them." She says helping Magnolia up. "Look at all of them, not even mourning."

"Okay? That doesn't mean anything."

"Oh darling. Yes it does, and you know, there's another secret your dad's kept from you all year..."

"I know. Headmistress Dowling is my mother."

"You're a clever girl, aren't you?"

"Fine. I'll help you."

"Where's Riven?" Silva asked Sky.

"Probably getting stoned somewhere with Dane. Can't believe he knew this place was fucked way before I did. Didn't even take a dead dad." Sky said

"One day, I hope you will see everything I did was for your benefit, Sky."

"I lied to the one person, I care about. Your daughter, I hope that really was for my benefit."

The Solarians began to arrive. "Why are the Solarians here? I told them the attack was over."

These men rush out causing Sky to grab his sword. "What the hell is going on?"

"Easy, Sky." Silva said.

Queen Luna finally comes out. "Queen Luna."

"Your Majesty."

"Saul Silva." The Queen said. "It's with a heavy heart I must place you under arrest."

"For what?" Silva questioned.

"For the attempted murder of Andreas of Eraklyon."

"Attempted?" He asked.

Someone opens the car door and steps out. "Hello, Sky."

"Dad..." Sky says.

"You buried them?" Rosalind asked. "How noble."

"Well, it seemed fitting, seeing as they were clearly human at one time. But then again, you knew about them, didn't you?"

"I did. I did." Rosalind replied.

"There are more out there?" Dowling asked.

"Shit ton." Rosalind sits and pats for Dowling to sit next to her. "Oh god. Don't pout, Farah. Fine. I'll let you in on a little secret just this once. There's a legend. It's a thousand years old. That's how old the burned ones are, by the way. They were soldiers from an ancient war. The legend is about the magic used against them. It created them. It's powerful. It's primal. The Dragon Flame. It burns inside our little changeling friends. your daughter and her friend." Rosalind said.

"So that's why Magnolia and Bloom were able to transform so easily."

"With my guidance, yes. The Burned Ones never stood a chance."

"You let Burned Ones into the school to test her? Risked the lives of countless students?" Farah asked infuriated.

"There's a war on the horizon. The Burned Ones are nothing compared to what's coming. I fear you lack the composure to lead the next generation into it."

"And there it is." Farah chuckled and sat down. "Once I stepped out from under your shadow I saw a world full of light. Turns out this place isn't miserable. It was just you."

"What a shame Queen Luna doesn't agree with you. I was planning to threaten her with exposing her role in the cover-up at Aster Dell, but, apparently she's been mad at you for some time. Something about her daughter, your daughter, and Ricki? Dreadful name. Anyway, she agreed the school could use a change. I have a feeling most of the faculty will fall in line when I walk through the doors. Ben will certainly keep quiet for the sake of his children. Saul would've been the same, but he'll be on trial for the murder of Andreas. Sorry, attempted murder. Poor Andreas. It couldn't have been easy to stay in hiding for so long, but I needed someone to raise Beatrix, in case you were wondering who was working with me on the outside along with Magnolia. So.. now all we have to talk about... is you. I think you should take a sabbatical. Head to the mountains. Take a break. You've worked so hard, Farah."

"I am the Headmistress of Alfea. And there's no way I'm leaving the school in your hands." Farah gets up.

"I know that. The rest of the world might believe it cause you made it sound so believable." Magnolia said coming from behind the shadows.

"Magnolia. Get over here this instant."

"Sorry. I'm afraid that's not possible, I only take orders from my mother. Oh shit, I forgot, you are my mother." Farah stood there speechless. "So you were probably covering this up too, right? Since the incident of last year it would be horrible for the Headmistress to have a daughter like that."

"Is that what Rosalind's told you?"

"No, she didn't have to tell me anything Mum. You know Rosalind's right. I think it's time for you to take a vacation." Magnolia used her powers to bury me in the ground.

"But I'm your mother."

"Heh. Good joke. You're only my mum when it benefits you. Goodbye Farah."

"Welcome back, ladies. There's have been a few changes to staff." Rosalind said. Magnolia got out the car with Queen Luna. "Oh come on you foolish little girl. It's not nice hiding from our guests." She takes off her sunglasses and hoodie.

"Welcome to hell bitches." She say.

Now Magnolia had dark eyeshadow and purple streaks in her hair. The look that only the villian can portray now.