X. I Don't Wanna Play Some Game.

act one: finding everything and nothing

▌chapter ten . . .
i don't wanna play some game.

Morning rose upon Alfea and Magnolia woke Bloom up. "I need the book, I'm going to the Stone Circle later, where is it?" She pointed to her book bag then fell asleep again. "Thank you." Lia whispered.

She walked out the suite and made her way to the Stone Circle. She took the trinket out and put it where the vessel goes. It starts to turn on. "Is this where the overachievers hang out?" Sky says popping out.

Magnolia panics and hides the trinket with the book. "Yeah, it gets loud in the suite, imagine 4 first years."

He looks behind her, she did kinda made it obvious. "What's that?" He asked.

"A book? Kinda concerned you've never seen one."

"I don't wanna do this, Mags."

"What're you talking about, do what?" She chuckled.

"I don't wanna lie to each other and I don't wanna play some game." Sky sighs.

"There's no game, are you okay?" She says putting all her attention on Sky.

"Your dad wanted me to watch you. I.. I told him that he was crazy, that there was... there was nothing going on. And that you were just frustrated and you wanted answers, and you-"

"You've been spying on me? Is that why you've been acting so nice to me? I can't believe this! I cannot believe I actually thought-" She groaned. "I'm such an idiot and to think I actually thought maybe you weren't the guy I hated all along. You just blindly did what my dad said. And with no hesitation!"

"He gave me an order." Sky protested.

"Which he could have given to Riv, Kat, Marco, but no, he gave it to you, he used you, used our "friendship" if that's even what this is anymore. But I'm the bad guy, right?" She scoffed and takes the trinket and put it back in the book.

Sky snatches the book from her hands and takes the device out. "What is this, Mags?"

"Magnolia, to you." She corrected and avoided the question.

"I am trying to be on your side here. You're making it really difficult."

"Oh was that an order my father gave you? Or was it just out of curiosity?"

"Magnolia. you can trust me."

"I'm not sure I can trust you. But maybe, just maybe, I can convince you that what I'm doing is right. Let's start with this. Have you ever heard of Aster Dell?"

No."

She started explaining to Sky everything. About Beatrix, Aster Dell, Rosalind. Everything. While she did that she charged the device. "I've lived at Alfea my entire life. Your dad raised me."