XXX. It's Not A Happy Story.

act two: getting you back▌chapter thirty

▌chapter thirty . . .
it's not a happy story.

          Bloom and I start channeling the Dragon Flame into the stone

          Bloom and I start channeling the Dragon Flame into the stone. A few seconds went by and Sebastian starts twitching. "Please wait." He said.

"What?"

"Specialists seen."

"Do something about it." He says to the Blood Witch. "Your friends are making quite the rescue attempt."

"Did you expect them to just wait around and do nothing?"

"Course not. But I wonder if they'd make the same effort if they knew how relieved you are to be giving it up."

"You think if I had a choice, I wouldn't-"

"Don't be ashamed, girls. You're a teenager. You should be allowed to be a teenager. Spend tike with your friends. With your boyfriend. I know what it's like to miss out on all of that because you're dealing with shit bigger than you. Nobody gets to have a normal life when the Dragon Flame's involved, and a normal life is all your mums ever wanted for you."

"Are you taunting us? You won. You're getting everything you wanted. and you're-"

"I didn't mean to taunt. I didn't."

"So then tell me. Tell me about my mom, where I came from." Bloom said.

"Stalling for time?"

"You can read my thoughts. You really think I don't wanna know?"

"It's not a happy story."

"Would've been more surprised if it were."

"Your mum had the Dragon Flame, Bloom. So did yours, Magnolia, except hers was dormant."

"I thought that only existed 1,000 years ago." Bloom said.

"No, that's not technically true. It was just in stasis for 1,000 years. Because you were in stasis for 1,000 years. As a baby."