XXVII. Magnolia Is My Best Friend.

act two: getting you back▌chapter twenty-seven

▌chapter twenty-seven .  .  .
magnolia is my best friend

          Morning rose upon Alfea

Morning rose upon Alfea. Today is the day I've dreaded for the past couple days. "There's water in there, but if you need anything more medicinal." Beatrix said pulling out her flask.

"Thanks, Bea. I'll manage."

"No matter what happens, killing Rosalind was the best thing you've ever done. She deserved it."

Field Marshal Bavani and Queen Luna walked in. "Hi, Mum." I say kissing her cheek.

"Hello, Magnolia. If you'll excuse us, won't be a moment."

"I left water on the desk for your mum. Chilled, four lemons, sparkling. I remember you saying how weird she was about her water."

"Thank you, Beatrix." Beatrix walks out. "Right."

"I ate breakfast outside this morning. In the sun. Not that I need anymore color." I chuckle.

"Look, Mum can be tricky. But I am her daughter and I can be tricky too. So we have a few layer of defense. I've been reading up on settled law so she can't trip me up. We'll get proof of Rosalind's crimes from Terra and Flora. And our coup de grâce? A prominent Solarian and unimpeachable character witness."

"Let's not oversell me here." Aisha says.

"Overselling is the name of the game. Your family is responsible for supplying energy for half the realm. My mum cannot piss them off. Okay? It's enough to make her listen. Let's just hope that Terra and Flora come through."

We had a few moments alone before Bavani comes out to get us. We walk in and Queen Luna was sitting at the headmistress desk. "Apologies for the delay, but, as you can imagine, we're quite busy at the moment." I sit in the hot seat. "Thank you for your help, Stella, but this is a closed tribunal."

"I'm acting as Magnolia's advocate."

"Admirable, but in a closed tribunal, advocates are not permitted."