XV. Love? As In Present Tense?

act two: getting you back▌chapter fifteen

▌chapter fifteen .  .  .
love? as in present tense?

          Specialist training was getting taken over by Andreas

Specialist training was getting taken over by Andreas. It was where I spend most of my time since Riven started being nice to me again. "The little prince and the upstart. This should be good." I tell Andreas.

"First blood." Sky looked at Andreas concerned. "Worried about staining your new uniform? Maybe home economics is more your speed? Is that what Saul taught? Did he wear an apron?"

"Come on, man, let's just do it. We're not gonna hurt each other." Dane attacks first.

"Odds?" I ask Riven.

"First glance, it's Sky's to lose. Dane's got shit to prove. A lot of pressure. Yeah, Sky will, uh, give him space, let him think he's winning then find his opportunity. I give it three, two..." Sky sweeps Dane's legs and cause him to fall. He hits Dane but Dane blocks it and Sky hesitates. "Nah, Thing is, this isn't a first glance fight. Sky won't draw blood. Dane on the other hand..." Dane takes his sword and cuts Sky.

Dane chuckles and goes up to the other Specialists. "He is such a prick." Sky says.

"Are we still on for later, Riven?" I said.

"Yeah, wanna go to the pub or do you want to just hang out in the courtyard?"

"Courtyard."

"See you later." He hugs me goodbye.

"Seriously? You shagged her best friend and you get a slap on the wrist while I'm only dating her suite mate and she hates me." I heard Sky say.

I went to a bench and decided to use my new power, I can hear people's conversations from anywhere as long as I'm touching the ground. "Remember Sky, she didn't forgive me right away. She literally slapped me and ran the other way when she saw me, she threw a cup of boiling hot beer in my face. Oh, let's not forget getting with you knowing I was still in love with her."

"You were still in love with her while we were dating?"

"We never dated, Sky. That would be weird, you're like my brother."