Survive (Yandere!Dragon x Reader)

"Welcome to Motors, how can I help you?" you asked, looking up from the motorbike you were fixing. A tall man with walked in with a motorbike and detached mirror in hand.

You stood up with a groan, wiping some oil off your face with your dirty sleeve. "Ah, Akira! Did you bust up your bike again?"

He took off his helmet with a smile. His wavy black hair was a mess and swept into a rugged side part. "Mirror."

"I've told you time and time again to stop racing," you said with a sigh, taking his mirror and wiping it clean. He approached you from behind and wrapped his arms around your waist. You watched as he planted a kiss on the top of your head.

"Human entertainment is the best way to make money, and the hardest," he said. "I know that you're in debt. Why do you keep working here instead of living with me? I have a luxury home in L-Angel that you and I can live in for the rest-"

You put a finger to his lips with a smile. "Akira, you've been my best friend for five years. You know that I keep Motors & Stuff alive because of my dad."

He withdrew from your dirty form with a frown. "Is your dad more important than me?"

You stayed silent as you reached for some tools on the dented, large workbench to fix the mirror. He sighed and leaned against the table, picking up a wrench and tossing it up and down. "Why do you stay in this dump of a place? It's like a ghost town."

On a misty day, the only thing one could see were the neon lights on the streets of deserted buildings. The large office buildings were only for decor- the real life were the small, three-story at the most buildings. Clubs and drinking for fifty bucks were quite popular around the city. There were the thieves and the victims; the thieves were victims and the victims were thieves.

During the day, no lights were on. Everything was quiet, with few people walking around. Everyone was paranoid, trying to figure out what to eat and what to do to survive.

"My little shop is special," you finally spoke up. "It's fulfilling to fight for what I have."

"You think it's fulfilling to get eaten up by these scum?" Akira retorted, slamming the tool onto the table. You flinched at the noise, hating how wrathful he could get on the turn of a dime.

"And do you think it's fulfilling to get yanked around by corporate chains?" you asked calmly, adjusting the mirror. "All done. Please, I don't want you breaking something else. That'll be 700,000."

He handed you seven large plastic slabs. "Remember when this would be only one thousand in... dollars?"

You rubbed the smooth surface that read one-thousand on the top with a melancholic expression. "I read about it. That sounds nice."

"Hey, you asked if I think it's fulfilling to be a corporate puppet?" he asked, rubbing the back of his tanned neck. "It's not. I kinda want to quit."

You blinked in surprise at the news. Ever since he was young, he had wanted to do racing, the most popular sport around the globe. And here he was, the top racer in the world. He pursed his lips at his helmet before picking it up in his black motor gloves. "I mean, I still love the thrill. I just don't want to be a riding advertisement anymore."

The letters of Chanax gleamed in the sweltering afternoon light. You adjusted the dirty blue sweatshirt around your waist and walked over to your friend. "I know what you mean. But really, you have to do what your heart desires."

He smirked, a chuckle escaping his lips. "That's really cheesy, y'know."

"Cheesy, but effective." You both laughed as he approached his bike and swung his leg over.