Happiness (Yandere!Psychic x Reader)

In a small, circular town, a deafening scream disturbed the peace. Two men, wearing all black, was dragging a woman by her hair off the streets and into the court's open doors.

Like rats, everyone in the small town gathered to the large door and started to file in.

A ring of men surrounded the lady in dirty rags with sour looks on their faces. The one in the middle sat on the highest plank of wood, his judgmental eyes piercing through her teary ones.

He crossed his legs lazily and rested his head against his gloved hand, long black hair sliding down his face.

"Let me judge," he commanded in a deep, condescending tone.

"No please! I'm innocent you have to believe me! Please I have a child to take care of you can't do-"

The gavel interrupted her useless ramblings. Everyone held their breath as he stared down at her.

"Let. Me. Judge."

The woman lowered her head, closing her eyes. "Please carrying swift and fair justice," she whispered, voice trembling.

The judge grinned standing up from his mighty throne and sauntered towards the dirty woman. He bent down and touched the top of her forehead, before closing his eyes and touching his forehead.

Like an old cinematic movie, her life played before the judge's eyes.

She lived on the streets, begging for money everyday. Her head was craned low for so long that she developed a hunched back, and her dirty rags held a small child.

"Please sir, my daughter and I just want to eat," she said on that cold, winter night. The man, with a tall, black hat and a business suit, audibly scoffed and turned away.

A small girl, the age of eight, tugged on the sleeve of her dress. "Mommy," she said, "can we go in there for tonight?"

The woman looked up to see a cozy house. The chimney merrily puffed smoke and the warm light illuminated her heart. She shook her head to the child and took her hand. "We must go back to the box," she replied with a worn smile.

"Mommy, I'm hungry," the child replied, rubbing her stomach. "Can we eat? Please?"

"One more night, then we'll have a grand feast!" she exclaimed, waving her free arm wildly.

The girl giggled at her mother's silliness as they reached a small alley. The girl raced towards a tiny box filled with dirty, ragged blankets and jumped inside. She happily wrapped herself in the blankets until she was engulfed in a cocoon of warmth, the shivers wracking her body slowly stopping.

"Get some sleep darling," she said.

"Sing me a lullaby first!" the girl demanded, puffing her cheeks out. The woman smiled at her daughter's stubbornness and knelt down.

Her melody faded away as the judge reentered reality. "This explains nothing," he said in a snappy voice. "Are you trying to gain my sympathy?"

"No sir, I would never," she mumbled.

He grabbed her hair and yanked her head up. "Then get to the point."

The trembling woman burst into tears. The judge backed away with a disgusted visage from her sudden outburst, wiping his gloves in the process before reentering her mind.

The woman was on the town fountain, head down as she twiddled her thumbs. She was waiting for her child to return from chasing the pigeons who landed in the circular plaza, which was surrounded by a ring of buildings and housings.