Princess (Yandere!Hero x Anti-hero! Reader)

You lived in a simple village. Nothing interesting happened and you were enjoying your life to the least.

Well, it was until someone kicked your door down with bug-eyes and shouting at you about some kind of "prophecy."

"What do you mean by 'prophecy' Druid?" You asked, rolling your eyes and placing your wooden spoon down next to the pot of soup you were preparing for dinner.

"It came today! You have to come with me to the main castle!" He replied, grabbing your hand with a large grin on his freckled face.

Druid, your best friend that made sure you were okay about everyday, knew that you hated everything that had to do with prophecies. Heroes came into your small kingdom every once in awhile and were allowed to take everything for granted. It was like telling a thief to pick the bank clean.

Of course, you shut yourself in your house and made sure that no one would be able to bother you and your alone time. The only time you stepped out was when you had to take your laundry off the clothes line outside.

"You're the chosen one! The king will explain everything to you in the castle!" Druid said, running through the main square with you in tow. Onlookers shot you curious glances before bursting into a round of applause.

You entered the grand hall with an irate expression, your best friend starry-eyed and ready to hear what you have to do. The king sat above all, his throne on top of a platform with stairs to walk up.

Next to him was a young man with piercing blue eyes and slicked-back blonde hair, staring down at you with a disinterested look on his face. His attire told you he was the head knight, with his flowing white general's coat topped off with red shoulder pads and cuffs.

You tore your eyes away from the knight and faced the king. He stroked his long brown beard with a curious gaze aimed towards you.

"Welcome. I wouldn't expect a girl at such a... young age," the king chuckled before glancing over at his knight. "Then again, Varian became a hero at a fairly young age as well I presume."

Varian sighed. "I went through quite a lot but I am humbled that I could live in this kingdom."

"Why you would want to live in such a small kingdom befuddles me quite," the king sighed, fixing his large red robe before turning back to you with a twinkle in his eye. "You are miss (Y /n) (L/n), I presume? Druid told me quite enough to know that you are now the chosen one."

"Wait what? Look your majesty, I don't want anything to do with this-"

"Long ago," the king started, cutting your rambling off, "a prophecy was created. Five guardians were chosen to keep the sacred crystal of life safe. However, an assassin is going around and killing all of the guardians and is going to steal the crystal."

"Seriously, you've got the wrong girl. What qualifies-"

"All four of the guardians have been killed..." he continued, standing up with a small groan, "...and you, (Y/n) (L/n), you are the last Crystal Guardian."

A silence crossed the large hall, cutting it short with you letting out a loud yawn and a bored look on your face. "Okay so I'm the last 'guardian crystal' or something. Look, I don't want anything to do with this. Choose someone else that meet my requirements. There's nothing special about me."

"Miss (L/n), do you notice anything... 'weird' happening around here?" The king asked, making you close your mouth and start thinking.

"Uh... my towel was missing but it just blew away. It was in a bush," you noted with a smile. Druid face-palmed next to you.