Nuisance (Yandere! Spirit x Reader)

"So... how long are you gonna float around me for?"

"Until you move out."

You sighed, placing your mug of coffee onto the counter and spinning around to face the smirking spirit.

"Look, haunt someone else. Now go away," you demanded. He just shrugged.

"For the fifty-millionth time; I can't."

It's been only a few weeks and a spirit by the name of Luke has been pestering you ever since you arrived at the apartment.

"Y'know, I was always more of a tea person than a coffee person."

You were about to break your mug. Can't this stupid spirit find someone else to torment for the rest of their lives?

Oh wait... no they can't. You were cursed with eyes that can see spirits and ever since it got out, you had to move from your birthplace to somewhere else.

That place would be Idaho. And now? It's gotten better until you've arrived at apartment hell.

"So, what are you gonna do with life? I wasted mine with useless shit," Luke mused, plopping down next to you on the stainless white couch.

"Well I wanna become an author. That's all I really want to do so I'm working on it," you replied, showing him your laptop. He scooted over to see what you wrote.

"She brushed her hands along the flowers with a smile," he mumbled, reading the words off the screen, "as she closed her eyes and breathed in the floral scent with a smile."

"How is it?" You asked.

"Delete the 'with a smile' at the end of that sentence. Actually, just give me your laptop and I can fix everything on here," he pestered, reaching for your device. Instead of pulling it away, you watched as his hand passed through it. Withdrawing it, he sighed. "Maybe you can just scroll for me."

"How can you see with those bandages?" You asked. He shrugged in return.

"Maybe it's a spirit thing, so shit if I know," he responded as you kept scrolling. "Fix that right there. Get rid of that comma."

"Whatever you say, genius."

"I'm the genius here, so you better listen to me."

You took a sip of coffee as the two of you kept editing your work. In truth, Luke was a kind, snarky spirit unlike the ones you've seen on the streets; crying and wailing, wanting to climb the ladder to heaven and be at peace.

It was refreshing to have a spirit roommate that wasn't sobbing twenty-four seven for you, and it was nice to talk to someone that could see spirits for him. Overall, it was a win-win situation.

"Thanks for your help," you said, shutting the cover and stretching. He grinned.

"No problem (Y/n)!" He exclaimed. You closed your eyes and sighed.

"Y'know, it's rare for me to come across a spirit that's in... high spirits. Why are you so cheery?"

"Why are you such an ice block?" He retorted. You opened an eye to shoot him a glare, and he laughed. "Well, I'm happy because I can finally talk to someone! Even if you're a wall."

"So what you're saying is that you're happy because you get to talk to me?" You asked. He nodded vigorously, making you smile slightly. "Why are there bandages around your eyes?"

"Um, well... I kinda put them around my eyes because they're... not so normal," he replied sheepishly, "you wouldn't like them."

"I've seen awful things in my lifetime. You can show me if you want to, I wouldn't mind," you responded, standing up and opening the dish washer, placing your mug in. Luke stood up and floated over to you, wrapping his arms around you and trying not to touch your internal organs.