𝗢𝗡𝗘

Mayu

Seated inside the train, I stared out at the heart-warming scenario of luminous and faint greeneries dancing to the beautiful melody of the wind. Those pacifying symphonies provoked my free hair to flutter in every possible direction too. It almost felt like a harsh yet smooth caressing of mother nature.

I leaned my head onto the bars of the window as I puffed a relieved breath.

I finally felt free!

Independent of the lonely feelings that had been stinging me over and over again. I couldn't even start to rewind the horrible things that have happened in my life for the past six months but still, here you go.

Shaun...he was the reason for all my suffering. His pretend love was the knife that stabbed me right in my heart, which innocently trusted and loved him.

Turns out he had only thirsted for the money that would be shoved on him once he marries me. He was a literal scumbag! Gosh, I couldn't even cease my brain from rewinding his acts of fake affection.

I was in my second-year bsc in Zoology when this senior scumbag decided to intrude into my peaceful life. Before him, I was happy, being with him, I was still cheerful, and after him, I was broken but was rescued.

I couldn't even reckon how my life would have been If I didn't come to know his true face and personality. He was always this perfect boyfriend type and would get possessive easily.

There were moments when I felt he was too controlling but my love for that guy blinded my senses to think straightly. However, in times when he attempted to kiss me or touch me out of comfort, I halted him. Oh, how grateful I'm now that I had prohibited his touches!

I never felt okay with the idea of being intimate before marriage. I know there are a lot of people who are against this but this is just my personal opinion.

All the time, Shaun tried to touch me, I felt uneasy. I bluntly told him that we could cross the limits only after we were married. I perceived that it might have outraged him but still he maintained an understanding and calm demeanor up until I was out of his view.

It was the day before our semester exam commencement. One of my best friends, shalu asked me to arrive at the ground behind our college immediately. Amidst the pressure of the exam, I refuted to appear. I was wondering why she would want me to go there but all of my doubts evaporated the instance she shared a video with me.

Shalu's home is quite close to college play ground. And so it didn't amuse me when I got a plausible scene displayed in the video but what did crush me was the content in that video.

Shaun was kissing a girl in it...

In wrath, I drove my car right to the ground and confronted him. Every hurtful truth surfaced, letting my heart sink in agony.

I felt empty. One word I could choose to show my emotion.

Subsequently, after attending all the exams, that I'm sure I would merely pass, I isolated myself and shut down every people around me.

I cried out over my stupidity. I mourned over the decisions that lead me to this condition...

I hardly ate anything for one week and eventually, somehow my parents came to know the explanation behind my depressing behavior. I'm sure Shalu had a good part in that.

They did all they could do to help me get out of my sorrows but nothing worked. Finally, they opted to send me to my grandparent's home.

That thought flooded some soothing feeling in me and I agreed to go there.

And well, here I'm, on my way to the village. I guess, in these two months of vacation time, I would return to my usual delighted self...

The train slowed as it reached the stop and with a sigh, I drifted out of it with the luggage in my hand.

.....................

❤💚

How was it guys?