𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗟𝗩𝗘

Shiva

After I received Rs 700 for my work, I was off to my home.

"Thatha, by lunch I will arrive, until then, bye!" I heed Mayu ma's faint statement to her grandpa but didn't give much thought to it.

Well, I didn't until I saw her stalking behind me. Huh?

While we were a decent distance away from the godown, I ceased walking and peeked over my shoulder.

She cleared her throat, imitating as If she was enjoying nature and not following me.

What? Did she think I was that dumb to not tell the difference between acting and real?

When I was about to confront her, she casually sauntered past me, still masking her 5 rupees worth of act.

"Chinna chinna aasai..(Small desires)

siragadikum aasai (those are fluttering desires)

Muthu muthu aasai..( Pearl-alike desires)

Mudithuvaitha aasai (those are stored up desires)

Vennilavae thottu (I have the desire to touch the moon --she thwarted singing. I was flabbergasted by her sweet voice. I haven't thought the arrogant girl is good at something...well, now I'm proved wrong, both of the former and latter parts.

She is nice.

"Why did you stop singing?" I puzzled, walking up to her. She tilted her face and smiled up at me. "Simply" she shrugged.

"You sing well..." She blushed but anyways waved my compliment off with her hands. "I know I know..." I shook my head at her words.

She is quite full of herself.

"So...may I know the reason why you were coming after me?" I asked in a subtle tone.

"I just want to see your home." She responded arbitrarily. Why?

Frowning, I stared down at her.

"I want to retreat your towel. But it's really a huge task for me to find you in this village. So knowing your home beforehand would do me a bit of favor and save my time when I'm in search of you" she explained and waited for my response.

Well, that sounds reasonable yet I don't think there would be any purpose for her to visit me often.

"Okay..."

I agreed. Mayu ma was trailing behind me closely as I guided her in direction of my home.

A very tiny home.

The more we got closer to the house, I felt kind of insecure. Mayu ma would have grown up in a huge house where the living room of it would match my entire home. It's not I feel disgraced by mine, after all, it was where my tranquil memories of my parents were wafting.

But...you could call this an inferiority complex.

"Um...my house isn't really large..." I mumbled, earning Mayu ma's attention. "It's no problem Shiva, and don't you know...If larger ones are gorgeous, tiny ones are adorable!" Was that a proverb or something? It doesn't really make much sense.

"Wow...I really speak well!" She dreamily envied herself and nudged my ribs, quirking her eyebrows at me expectantly. "Yes yes, very brilliant.." I pushed the words out of my mouth, inciting her to proudly beam.

She is strange.

As we attained our home...I literally held my breath as Mayu ma stood motionless.

Does she not like my home?

"Holy shit, that's so cute" she excitedly grinned, and only then did I exhaled

"Holy shit, that's so cute" she excitedly grinned, and only then did I exhaled. I like this Mayu ma.

I haven't really admired any girl except for my mother.

But I guess Mayu ma was a peculiarity.

"Mayu ma!...don't rush, slow down!!" I yelled as she ran towards my home like an enthusiastic juvenile. "First of all, quit calling me Mayu ma..." she quit on the spot and whirled around, saying it. Oh, I can't do that! She is regarded with respect by everyone in this village.

I'm no special person to break it.

"I can't..."

"I will make you" she shouted.

......................

How was it guys?❤️