𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗘𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡

Shiva

That night, Mayu stayed with me and aided my injuries. My body was able to tolerate most of the beats but my shoulder felt really off.

But Mayu bought some medical ointment from her grandparent's home and applied it to my shoulder. Only then did my pain seems to subside mildly.

Straining my eyelids, I unlocked them and met the lit-up world. Feeling someone beside me, I tilted my head and glanced at Mayu whose head was leaning on the bed I was laying, while the rest of her body is on the floor.

Goodness!

I forgot about this...after Mayu had assisted my wounds, I was knocked into slumber. If I had seen her in this state, I wouldn't have slept on the bed. Yes, I was in a bad state but Mayu...

She must have been used to sleep on a huge mattress yet cause of me, today she had to endure this. I feel really meager. I know I couldn't provide her with everything that her parents had, but I can't tolerate her struggling due to me.

"Mayu" I called her tenderly. Her head slightly lifted, followed by it, a yawn left her lips as she raised her head entirely. "Ahh-haa--she paused her yawning halfway, like literally! And then she gaped at me wide-eyed.

Instantly, she shut her mouth and touched my hands, her eyes becoming busy wandering around my face and body. "Are you feeling well? Does it hurt anywhere?" I shook my head negatively, an odd yet tingling sensation arousing in my heart at her concern-brimmed words.

"What about your shoulder?" She queried with worry. "Much better Mayu" she sighed in solace, heeding my response.

"Mayu..." She quirked her eyebrows and specked her chin on the bed, staring into my eyes. "I'm sorry you had to sleep in this position...on the floor" I felt truly guilty.

"Ayee Shiva! You are my soon-to-be husband, what kind of wife am I If I couldn't even do this for you?" She grinned widely. It was a teasing one.

"Are we going to marry?" I blinked my eyes at her. She gasped and threw me an angered look. "I mean...what about your parents?" Her face turned normal as I clarified my question.

"They are supportive, unlike my fucking grandfather" she grumbled at the end.

"What? Faking?" I frowned.

"You don't know the word fuck?" Mayu's eyes broadened at my doubt. I suddenly felt inferior. Was that a common word that everyone knows?

I know a few widely used words in English like bus, car, train, airplane, etc...

But I never heard of fak.

It made me feel so terrible that I disputed If I was any match for Mayu.

"What does it mean?" I inquired, ignoring the previous thought and wanting to discover the meaning of this new English word.

"Er...it means..." She scratched her head awkwardly. "Well, it's a bad word...you can use it whenever you feel angry or irritated" I got it!

"Okay..."

I nodded.

Few instances later, I freshened up and sat outside my home. I felt absolutely better now. The pain in my shoulder is speedily recovering.

I stooped against the chair I was dwelling in, thinking about Mayu. She had not allowed me to make breakfast and told me that she would bring me food from her grandparent's home.

She was adamant that it's because of them I was in this condition and they are obliged to pay back for it at least by doing this small help.

I spoke against it. I didn't really want to have the food from their home. But Mayu made me accept her decision by showing me those puppy adorable eyes of hers.

I faltered at her expression...

Suddenly, I caught a glimpse of my Mayu who was walking toward me with a large food container in her hand. She has also refreshed and wore a pink t-shirt and black loose pants.

Pink suits her really well.

Within a considerable time, we both had the food. It was nice at first but it got more delicious when Mayu fed me the same.

Afterward, I and a grouchy Mayu strolled to my field which was located a few distances away from my home, I have yet to finish the ploughing...

Mayu insisted on compromising me to take rest but I was feeling really fine and I thought it would be a waste of time to sit simply.

"Come on Mayu! Smile..." I pleaded with her while leading the bullocks through the field. Mayu was still cranky and I don't know why these bullocks are also behaving so stubbornly as her. They are annoying me by not striding according to my instructions.

"You should have taken rest now.." Mayu complained again, trailing behind me. "I'm perfectly fine Mayu" I pressed the words as the bullocks paused in their spot, getting me disgruntled.

"Move" I softly spoke to the creatures...but they just kicked their legs back, painting my face with mud in the process.

"Haa they knew something was missing from their owner's face." Mayu giggled. Actually, I haven't rubbed mud on my face today...

And these Bullocks have now done the honor.

The bullocks again shoved their legs and another spurt of mud touched my face. Mayu was laughing out loud at the scene.

These bullocks! They are making fun of me in front of my Mayu. I'm getting utterly furious!!

Wait--

I know what to do now!

"You faking Bullocks!" I yelled at them and a chocked laughter ringed into my ear, stimulating me to glance at Mayu.

She was experiencing a fit of laughter and it seemed like taunting me.

I squinted my eyes at her suspiciously and was about to ask her the explanation but my bullocks supposed this was time for the 3rd round in the line of mud attacks.

"Aish! You faking faking bullocks!" I howled again. Mayu's laughter was now so wild that I deemed I could get attacked by the mud for nth time If I can maintain the genuine happiness on her face.

Next mud attack!

"Stop you faking bullocks!" I shouted yet again.

At my words, Mayu had now fallen down to the mud and was cackling while clutching her stomach.

"Shiva! please... I can't anymore..."

I smiled gazing at her snickering self...

Just then, I felt some people's presence and I diverted my eyes to observe the middle-aged couple who was staring at Mayu with a loving smile.

It's Mayu's parents. I have seen them in the village twice!

........................

How was it guys?❤️

Thanks ♾️ for your comments!❤️I just loveeeee them❤️And I'm awaiting them yet again in this chapter! I will reply to all of it when I'm free, now kinda caught up with college :(