𝗦𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗡

Mayu

"Hello" I poked my finger in his stone arms over the shirt. But he didn't react. He was silently praying to god, completely acting oblivion to the girl, that was me, disturbing him.

"It's obscene to ignore people" I stuck my fingers in his muscles again and he stood unbothered. "Hey..." As I was again plotting to jab my fingers, he captured it unexpectedly.

"What do you want Mayu ma?" Your attention. I impeded the urge to roll my eyes at him. "Err.... first of all, leave my fingers" he left them soon as I pointed out.

I rubbed my fingers in my saree. I know he isn't dirty now but still... rewinding how he appeared the last day, I couldn't restrain myself from doing it.

He saw my movements but did not say anything in return.

Anyhow...

"Yesterday, you told me that I'm rude..." I trailed off, suddenly intimidated by the look on his face.

"But I wasn't" I finished hurriedly and the guy just kept on staring at me the same way, threateningly.

"I wouldn't take back my words Mayu ma. You are still rude" The arrogant fool!

"Shiva" the iyer came back from the chamber and lent some pooja delicacies to him. "Your parents are really lucky to have a son like you." the iyer said, stimulating Shiva's lips to tug up in a small smile.

"Ew...like him? How so? And you know what, this guy almost broke my bones yesterday. So If any, his parents would feel shameful for raising him!" Did I go quite overboard? Well, he deserves that for calling me rude!

I asserted those to the elderly man, the iyer, only for him to glare at me. I'm no less. I scowled back at him.

"Mayu ma...you have no idea what you are talking about. Shiva here--" the iyer's sentence was cut off by Shiva.

"Leave it, she is immature" Shiva proclaimed, repudiating my presence. oh...rude to immature. Is it promotion or demotion? I guess it is the transfer of one repressing term to another term with meaning as almost likewise or even sour as the previous one!

"I'm not immature...hey!hey!...you stop!" Shiva left the place, once again leaving me speechless. The nerve of him!

"Mayu ma, don't bring his parents while conversing with him" I quirked my eyebrows at the iyer.

"Why? Are they very dangerous people? Judging by Shiva, I am sure his parents are no less than farmers too. I don't think such poor stature people could cause any harm to me" I shrugged. The iyer shook his head and retorted.

"But If you keep on throwing ill words at Shiva, his parents can haunt you, be it in dreams or reality" huh?

"Haunt me? What are they? Ghosts?" I  chuckled mockingly. "Oh you are quite intelligent than I reckoned" with that, the iyer began to retreat to the chamber.

What does he mean by those words? I stared dubiously at the iyer's back. He suddenly looked over his shoulder and confided. "They are dead" my eyes went wide at his words!

Oops...

So Shiva was an orphan.

.....................

How was it guys?❤️

I apologize on behalf of Mayu for talking ill about farmers.

Farmers are the richest people by heart❤️ If not for them, we wouldn't be having these many healthy foods to consume. Respect them as any other human❤