𝗘𝗟𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗡

Shiva

I don't believe she would like my hands on her in my current state. Even so, I want to alleviate her...she is on the ground because of rescuing me.

Though I initially detested Mayu ma for her insensitive attitude, she doesn't seem that bad now. "Oi...will you give me your hand or not!? Not even a day has passed since I got recovered from a fever...don't you feel pity over me" she flickered her eyes at me, her face in a miserable expression.

"But you wouldn't feel comfortable If I touch you with my hands..." I trailed off, recollecting all the times she had looked at me in repulsion. I got enraged at her callous conduct but for the sake of her grandparents who had done a lot to our people, I protested my raging nerve from taking any action.

"Come on! Last day you were the one who helped me up with those same hands when I fell right into the dirt. I don't care anymore" If that's the case, I would be forever grateful to god for furnishing her senses in that head of hers.

"Okay then" I succumbed and before I could aid her up, she entwined her hands with mine.

I assisted her to stand on her foot and soon retracted my hands as she made herself stand steady. Seeing that she is fine, I proceeded to my chore of carrying the sacks.

After expelling it in the truck outside, I entered the godown again, and surprisingly, Mayu ma was still there.

A low chuckle erupted from my throat as I stared at her attempting to procure the sack that has previously fallen on her and presently lying on the floor. "Why are you so heavy!!" Her lips are pursed together, eyes shut tightly while she strived to tug the sack by applying both of her hand's strength.

Upon failing, she stomped her foot on the cement floor and glared at the sack. She then said something in English like 'fak?'

What was that?

Well...I should have gone to school to know that.

My parents didn't deduce that education is significant for life. For them, serving in the fields and acquiring adequate to replenish our stomachs was enough, perhaps all they thought was sufficient.

However, in this decade, over everything, education tops. But what could I do anymore?

Being taught that surviving is all we have to focus on until I'm 13, I didn't feel the urge to attend school.

And at that young age, after the unexpected tragic death of my parents, I lost myself wholly. I didn't imagine my father who was cheerily riding in the town bus to buy us clothes from the city would be met with the door of death.

Accordingly, I didn't expect my mother to die due to the pain of losing dad. I was left alone...they left me alone...

At that period, going to school wasn't even a choice for me. If I go there, who will grant me food? My parents did have relatives, but I didn't feel pleased begging them for meals. They weren't the sweetest people either which is why I decided to work in the fields and earn by myself.

And here I'm, twenty-six, and still doing the same.

"Shiva!" Snapping out of my flashbacks, I stared at Mayu ma who has now lifted the sack a bit from the ground. Ah, the improvement.

I smiled at the wide victory grin on her face.

........................

How was it guys?❤️