𝗦𝗜𝗫𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡

Mayu

What had happened to me? Why did I embarrass myself like that? For the next three days, I did not even go out of the house.

I was ashamed of myself. Shiva would be thinking so low of me.

But...

On the other hand, I want to get a glimpse of him.

Gosh, I'm feeling like the stupidest fellow in the whole universe. I came here to cure my pain but all I'm doing now is procuring further wounds which that I don't have any idea how I will be subduing it.

My grandparents were extremely concerned about me due to my sudden secluded behavior.

But they left me to my comfort...

Well---

"Dress up, we are going to the temple for evening pooja." My grandma tugged me from my dearest bed and made me wear a saree. I wavered, whined, and pleaded with puppy eyes to let me free but she didn't give in.

She told me that going to the temple will bring me back to my normal self. This is not some evil spirit we are talking about here!

It's about Shiva.

A biological human species.

Uff...

The sun hid from the earth as soon as we attained the temple. Grandpa also accompanied us today.

I was awestruck at the number of people in the temple. Why was it so crowded?

"It's an auspicious day" grandma whispered to my unspoken question. All the people greeted us and treated us with the utmost respect.

They made space for us to worship god and most of them were all smiley!

After praying to god, grandma and I seated ourselves in the resting area, which today happened to be occupied by ladies to chant mantras and songs...

I was calmly listening to the mantras when the bustling of people commenced. They were all exchanging whispered words with each other and it soon came off as a  commotion.

Turns out that the main girl who was to sing today got affected by a fever and couldn't arrive here. Other girls were also reluctant in gaining the courage to sing in the mic...

And that's when my great grandma volunteered me to sing the song. I wasn't really tentative to do that.

This is a devotional matter, so I just got myself ready to sing what the ladies there asked me to.

But the problem was, I didn't know most of the devotional song's tunes. Everyone became apprehensive again but I remembered that one famous song about Krishna and began to sing it into the mic without a second thought.

The moment I initiated singing, the crowd shushed and silence prevailed except for my voice filling the whole temple.

Yamunai aatrilae eera kaatrillae kannanodu naan aada. (In the Yamuna river, through the humid air, I dance with Krishna...)

It went on for quite a few minutes, and even though this is not the song that they previously planned on singing, everyone was pleased with my voice.

I was floating in compliments for the next couple of moments! It was getting too much actually...

To escape from them, I slid outside the temple through the backside sneakily and leaned against the wall, sighing in relief. Luckily, there weren't any human here.

"Mayu ma" had I begun to hear things? Am I that addicted to Shiva?

"Mayu" my eyes rounded as I tilted my face to the side. Shiva...

He stood, decked out in a white veshti and blue shirt, coincidentally matching with my saree yet again!

My knees went weak as I recollected the things that happened between us. And gosh--did he just call me Mayu?

Like, only Mayu!?

Stop fluttering your wings butterflies, I could not handle the feeling in my gut.

Gosh! I can't even stand here. In a quick motion, I strived to get away from him, but what he said next almost made me dizzy.

"Mayu...I really love you too! And I'm sorry for shouting at you that day..."

I slightly whirled to him with pacing my heart.

"I'm sorry too...I shouldn't have behaved like that in the first place"

I mumbled quietly.

"Come here Mayu" before my mind can decipher anything, my legs understood his words and walked up to him.

And he embraced me to his chest. I settled in there peacefully, loving the warmth his body provided mine.

...........................

How was it guys?❤️