𝗙𝗢𝗨𝗥

Mayu

I was near a paddy field right now.

The friction of the crops crashing with the wind forged calming music. It prompted me to sing, it is one of my favorite hobbies. People do tell me that I have a sweet voice and it's soothing to hear me sing. And most of them compliment me saying that I am pretty great in it...

I was stunned primarily. Because I haven't gone to music class, neither have I taken any music lessons. Then how could it be possible? Well, then I concluded that people were just blessed with certain peculiar talents.

Back to the present, I parted my lips to sing and abruptly shut them when someone harshly tugged me by my arms and shifted me aside.

What the hell!

In wrath, I didn't give a second thought before slapping the person right across the face.

Ew...

His face was covered in mud and so my hands were now coated with the same. I looked at my palm with disgust and averted my gaze up to the muddy fellow.

Disregarding my slap, he was focused on the ground, seemingly looking for something. What is wrong with him?

I snapped my fingers in front of his face to gain his attention. The fellow finally stared down at me, but I couldn't make out his reaction due to the mud.

Why would someone paste muck on their face?

Whatever! that wasn't my prime concern. I want to know what had fled into his mind when he decided to pull me away while pertaining such immense strength. It almost hurts...well, not really. But still, how dare he touch me!

"What was that?" I questioned with a disdainful frown. He just pointed his hands on the ground and I confusedly observed his lead...

And...

Freaking snake!

"Ahhh!" I shrieked and hid behind this tall fellow. The guy has worn a veshti and a white sleeveless inner shirt. He has a good muscular structure but the man was literally sweating overall and was covered in dirt for most of the part. He also has a towel spiraled over his head...

"It has gone Mayu ma" The fellow muttered in a gentle tone. He seems like a nice guy but I despise his lack of hygiene.

Mud seriously?

Peeking from his back, I assessed the ground for the snake. What If this guy has grudge against me for slapping him and now he chooses to take revenge on me by lying that the snake had gone? So I did a once over before trusting his words. Precaution is better than cure!

Well, he didn't deceive me though. The snake was really gone.

Letting out a breath, I straightened myself and faced him.

He has a lot of facial hair. Those mustaches and beards are lush!

"Be careful Mayu ma" uttering that, he was about to shift away but I stopped him.

"Hey"-I started but he cut me off and spoke. "It's okay ma, you don't have to apologize for slapping me" I blinked my eyes at his words and burst into laughter.

Oh dear, it's not good to assume things when it comes to Mayu.

.......................

How was the chapter guys?❤

Mayu is really a brat!!!😬