𝗦𝗜𝗫

Mayu

Sleepily, I shadowed behind my grandma to the temple. Though I had showered, the majority of my muscles felt weak, urging me to doze off. But If I did, grandma would make my ears bleed with her lectures.

So better I control myself!

And you know what, she made me wear a saree and jasmine flowers string that we made yesterday. I'm feeling very uncomfortable with the outfit...still, I found myself too beautiful in the green-colored saree to untie and throw it off.

"Aahhh-hhaaaa" Oh that was a huge yawn. I shut my mouth abruptly at the end. "Goodness, don't fall asleep on the ground" grandma sarcastically grumbled, sauntering ahead.

I just rolled my eyes at her comment and tagged along with her.

We reached the temple pretty quickly and I had to say this! It seemed surreal. The fact that the sun was yet to rise, came off as an advantage to the elegance of the lamp light's glint.

That tiny source of luminescence
seemed to light up the whole shrine. Yes, overestimating it! I know! But the view is so cool.

By the time the pooja came to an end, my drowsiness attained a peak. I couldn't help the involuntary closing of my eyes.

Also, the sun has moderately peeked into the earth now, lending a low yellow glow to the atmosphere. "Mayu," snapping my eyes open at grandma's voice, I stared at the iyer (pandit Ji)standing in front of me, with a few pooja delicacies in his hand.

I grabbed them and smiled at him. He didn't mind it, rather with a neutral face, he went back to the god's chamber. Too much attitude!

"Come, we can decline there for a few minutes," Grandma told and we both strolled to an open space in the temple where other few people were also perching quietly.

Grandma settled there first, and when I was about to take a seat next to her, I witnessed a familiar figure passing across...

Hmm...it's that muddy guy. He is good-looking without the soil on his face. Anyways, I don't care how he looks! I just want to retort to him for telling me that I'm rude!

Here I come...

"Grandma, I will be back soon" she nodded her head and I rashly scurried behind that guy. He has worn a white veshti and a light green button-up shirt. How dare he match color with me! Well, it must be a coincidence...okay, I will spare him for that.

"Shiva..." The iyer (pandit Ji) smiled as soon as he noticed the mud-um...Shiva. That's a pretty great name he got there!

The pandit Ji (iyer) then eyed me suspiciously, thereby inducing Shiva to turn and stare at me. For a mere second, his eyes focused on mine and he just diverted it back to the iyer like I don't exist!

Arrogant.

"Hey..." I started but the guy began speaking to the iyer. They both dismissed me...that's really embarrassing. How dare they!

"How have you been?" The guy polled the iyer.. "As always good under the blessing of god" The iyer smiled.

"What about you Shiva?" The iyer queried back and the guy slightly glanced at me before replying. "Been better, but not sure anymore..." He mumbled...

That's skeptical.

"So well, archanai (special pooja) in name of your amma and appa?" The iyer calmly asked Shiva. He nodded in approval.

As the iyer went inside the chamber to do pooja, I slid next to Shiva and began to talk--

He just shut his eyes and joined his palm, worshipping god. He purposely did that.

The audacity of this guy!!

...................

How was it guys?❤️