𝗧𝗘𝗡

Mayu

The next day was pretty boring, to be honest. I was just laying on my mattress tiredly. Well, the thing is I got a baby fever today.

And so, I was ordered to take good rest in my room and not leave my bed except for certain calls of nature. Often, grandma bestowed me some medicinal herb water alongside the tablets. I could feel myself gaining my lost strength when the sun had went down the horizon.

I'm getting better.

And the rest of the day passed by in a blur!

On the next sunrise, I too raised with a bright glow on my face, feeling totally fine.

It means I can roam around the village today! And see Shiva.

What!? I don't have such intentions...but I have to meet him once to return his towel though.

Anyways, today is not that day. Cause after breakfast, I accompanied my grandpa to the warehouse where the grains are stocked.

The place the godown was situated was quite a setting to behold. All four sides of it were enclosed by huge trees such as banyan, tamarind, jack fruit, etc...

Grandpa settled in a chair outside the warehouse. A wooden table sat before him. He then unlocked the cabinet under it using keys and retrieved a notepad along with a pen.

Well...whatever.

"Can I go in and look in the warehouse thatha please?" I sweetly asked him. He nodded and lent me the key to the godown. Opening the shutter lock with the key, I hoisted the barrier and entered.

Numerous rows of stuffed jute sacks were placed above each one. The innards were expansive. I was walking in the warehouse absentmindedly but halted when I heard several footsteps approaching.

I scrambled to the entrance, to find out who those footsteps belonged to and was surprised to witness many laborers decked out in veshti and sleeveless shirts forwarding together. "Mayu, come out" heeding grandpa's voice from outside,  I dashed to exit the godown, but accidentally crashed with a worker who was the last one to enter.

"Sorry Mayu ma..." the familiar tone mumbled. I looked up at Shiva in utter shock. Why does this guy keep on crossing paths with me!?

"It's okay..." I nodded assuringly. He silently followed the rest of the laborers in.

Out of the godown, a large truck stood and the workers one by one carried the grain sacks, loading them inside the chamber of the truck.

I prevailed beside grandpa and scrutinized the chore. I don't know why but whenever Shiva came out of the godown, fetching a sack on his back, I couldn't stop my eyes from meandering all over him.

A few minutes expired by and thatha got busy calculating something on the notepad. Taking that chance, I went inside the godown, just as a sweaty hot Shiva disappeared in. Please excuse my subconscious mind's words.

Shiva went much inner the godown and took a turn, obtaining a place with bunch of stockings. Other workers did not seem to arrive at this spot, so I kind of escaped from catching their attention.

From the fourth row of numerous loads, Shiva tugged one but another one beside it unexpectedly slipped down. Shiva did not appear to notice it as he carried the first one he planned onto.

"Hey..."I shoved him away, getting hit by the sack in the process. It wasn't that bulky...who am I kidding god! It's really heavy.

I fell down due to the force.

"Mayu ma.." Shiva let down the sack from his back and rushed in my direction. He was about to touch me but then hesitated...

Well... he is sweaty but I don't really care about it. It happens when people work hard. Finally, your brain is functioning properly.

.....................

How was it guys?❤️