'The Game'

On March 17th, 1978, There was a baseball game..it was some random team from out of town vs North Denver (Bruce's Team). It was around 10AM when the game started, but around 11 or 12 when the North Denver team was up to hit the ball, it was all the other kids first and then bruce.. he was always picked last since they believed "save the best for last!" the coach had always said that, and all the other kids too. i guess if you think about it, it makes a bit of sense? anyways it was his turn, he looked around as he was getting in his position. The normal thing was going on as always. Everyone screaming "LETS GO 27!", "COME ON BRUCE","YOU GOT THIS!" and soooo many other chants. he searched around one more time and was about to look away until further in sight he saw a blonde.. and no not some random dude or woman who's blonde, but a guy he's never seemed to see at his games. He was leaning against the fence next to the bleachers, he had very long curly hair, he was wearing boots, jeans, a white shirt, and a beat up vest with spades stitched on them? bruce though his outfit was cool..after a minute he had realized they made eye contact and bruce felt his face getting red from embarrassment then looked away and went on with his game. He ended up making a home run and winning for his team. He was glad, if he hadn't who knows what his parents would say this time.

                    TIME SKIPPPPPP!!!!
        It was late, who know what time it had been now but the sky was looking like a black hole that sucked in a whole bunch of flashlights for stars. He had snuck out. He couldn't sleep, he actually hadn't been able to sleep for a while just never told anyone. Whenever this had happened he would go out his window and bike to the park.
when he had arrived he saw someone..

BRUCE'S POV:

     'He looks familiar'  i slowed down on my bike and got off. I wasn't gonna lie, i was creeped out. Who would go to the park this late? From all I know I'm usually the only one out. I started walking tho, not towards him but the benches. The mysterious person had a pocket knife and was sitting by the doubled green slide. "Hello?" i had said, i instantly regretted it though. God why  am i such an idiot?! "What?" the person said back harshly..almost like it wasn't even a question. I could tell that it was a boy by the voice. I debated on what to do but then i decided.. i got up and walked towards him "Who are you?" I said in the nicest way i could so i wouldn't piss him off. I felt like if i did i'd be six feet under right now. "Why do you wanna know so bad?" the boy said back, i just stared. 'HOLY SHIT!..HES THE ONE THAT CAME TO MY BASEBALL GAME!'
    "Because..you were at my game yesterday, and i haven't seen you around before" i spoke.. he just sat there with the knife in his hand. "Vance."
he said fast and rudely, "Vance Hopper",
"nice..im bruce" i went to shake his hand but he just said "I know". never once making eye contact in the entire conversation.
    "Can i sit with you?" i asked, this whole conversation felt awkward,
"actually..i was just about to leave" he sternly said while getting up and walking away. I decided to leave too, i had enough of this night. Although when i got home all i could think of was him, a dude i never seen before named Vance?? it sounded so similar to whatever kids at school were saying about a kid named..shit what was it? 'Pinball Vance'  ?