Halfway Swords

VANCE'S POV:
I start to walk back..thinking about all the things that i could remember from a few hours ago. All the things i've done has been just-
"Vance..you okay?" Bruce cut my thoughts off,
"Yeah i'm alright..can I talk with you real quick?"
"Yeah!! What's up V?"
"I uhm.." I couldn't push myself to say it..i mean, i know what i needed to say it's just, i don't know how. "Listen i'm sorry B, everything I've done has been very fucking attention seeking its just my mental health is bad and i'm sorry for snapping that one day on the roads i'm very fucking forgetful and i have no clue how i forget my bracelets but at that timing you didn't really need to know anything only because i wanted you to know that you don't need to worry about me but i completely just forgot that's what i was supposed to say and..i don't know i'm really sorry i like you so much but you really deserve so much more than me, im toxic and just in general a bad person..i mean why do you think every parent tells their kids to stay away from me? why do you think one of the few times we've met it was me in a cop car while you were riding  home on your bike from where ever the fuck you were. I'm so sorry Bruce i really am i wish i could give you what you deserve but i can't and that's why it's gonna suck to be with me and i really don't recommend even thinking about it and i know that this right here is probably attention seeking too but i just needed to say all of this before i ended up taking it all out in an anger-filled way. And that night..the night we stopped talking i was fucked up, go into my room- you'll see, it's horrible and I just..I'm so so sorry." I quickly said..Bruce's eyes widened while mine were overfilling with tears.

NARRATOR POV?:

"V, I.." He looked lost, it took him a quick second but he pulled me into a hug and his breathing got heavier, almost like he was crying.. "it's not attention seeking i swear and please don't apologize you've done nothing wrong..i know you aren't doing your best, i've always known just please v..stay with me, i need you to stay here okay? And that day on the roads..i was worried and i'm sorry- i...i'm so sorry vance,"
He was now breaking down,
"I don't care about what others say about you vance..you're special. You've helped me so much, yes we have up's and downs but who gives a fuck?? That's what makes us..us you know? A good rela-," he paused for a quick second than continued on, "Friendship," he lightly corrected himself and within that one word bruce could feel his S/O loosening his grip so that he was barely even hugging him anymore. "never lasts without arguments, disagreements, etc..and you are you vance and that's why I like you. I'm here to help you and please..talk to me."
There was a moment of silence between to two but hesitantly, a question broke it.
"Hey bruce.." Vance was shaking but he still asked.. "I don't want to talk but..can you- can we cuddle?" Vance's face scrunched up due to the cringe of that word.. 'cuddle' it was just a word vance never wanted to say, but he did.
"yeah, come here.." bruce's voice lifted highly while pulling away and laying down with his arms slightly out for V to lay down.
"I hate this." Vance mumbled while letting himself fall along bruce's sides and hugging him with his head on his chest. "Oh? why's that?" Bruce response was low, trying to grab the covers to put over V.
"Im supposed to be the man here..not you." he said, jokingly yet roughly. All Bruce did was chuckle a little and told Vance-
"Don't be shy..come here" While pulling him closer since they were barely even near eachother. Vance struggled to get into a comfortable position but when he did..he just laid there.

VANCE'S POV:
The feeling..of being halfway under the covers, the constant movement of his finger tips slowly trailing up and down my back, sides and upper arm- it was all so..comforting.
A few minutes passed and my eyes were bright red and puffy, I didn't think about what I was doing or saying so I hugged Bruce harder.
"I love you Bruce.." I muffled, I didn't know if he heard me or not but,
"I love you too V" He responded lightly. It sounded like he was smiling, to be honest he probably was but I don't care..for once I don't give a shit about what is happening, I just wish i could live this moment forever.

A/N : okay so very very short chapter and im sorry i just felt the need to post this one before i never post again 💀
862 Words