5. Bubble Bubble, Chocolate Trouble

CHAPTER 5

Three days later,

Serena paged through the latest newspaper article from The Finchdale Post. She rolled her eyes at the tedious headlines.

'Woman finds a hat in a tree'

'Finch bird found with broken wing in back garden'

"Rat's tail," Serena whispered and shook her head. This town was worse than what she'd imagined. "Let's put this dreary news to good use."

The Finchdale newspapers fit perfectly on the newly repaired windows. The two windows were large, presenting a view inside the old shop that was slowly coming together. Serena stuck the last spread-out newspaper with yellow tape at the window's corner, concealing the secrets inside.

Theo had repaired the bathroom pipes upstairs, all the plumbing, the ceiling, and the kitchen sink - the only time he was allowed in her kitchen. The poor boy. He worked overtime, too. Sawing and drilling late into the night. It was like he had something to prove to Serena.

She looked at the hunky young man. Theodore was a good-looking stud. His James Dean style was appealing to her; from his caramel brown curly hair that tossed against his face to his blue jeans and checked shirt rolled up on his toned arms. Her personal eye candy that she deliciously observed as he worked hard in her shop.

His veins jutted out from under his skin on his forearms from hard labor. Making mama's tummy quake. She thought wickedly. Both his arms pushed up against the door. His right hand hammered a second nail into the hinges, while the third nail rested between his lips. She watched as he pounded his hammer into the door, inserting the third nail.

Serena sauntered towards the boy and stood in front of him.

"It's already late, Theo." She said. "You did a lot of work. The place is looking good." Her gaze looked around the revamped shop. There was still much to do - décor, adding shelves, the odd ends and finishes, and of course, creating her specialty.

Theo stopped and looked at her. "Almost done," he said.

But it was getting dark outside, and the time had come for him to go home now. He already missed his last curfew of 8pm. Serena huffed at the stupid rule this town follows.

"Don't you worry about the rest; I'll finish it up in a jiffy." Her fingers reached into the inside of her lacey black bra and pulled out a stack of folded cash. "Thank you, Theo." She smirked. "Here's some money for your trouble."

From his Adam's apple bobbing in his throat. She was sure he got a peek at her cleavage down her V-neck jersey. Theo scratched his head, as if reluctant to take the money, and pursed his lips. But Serena pushed it against his solid chest. Wanting to feel his hard pecks firsthand. Hmmm - she wasn't disappointed.

Theo took the money and counted. Fifteen pounds were in his hand. "That's way too much?" he gasped.

Serena shook her head. "Nonsense," she said. "Half of it is for your labor, and the rest is your tip."

Theo blinked and nodded. "Gee, thank you, Serena." He grinned. "It was a pleasure helping around here. And if you need me in any way, please ask."

"Oh, Theo... the pleasure is all mine." She titled her head with a seducing smile. "And I just might need you - but not in the way you might think." Theo lowered his eyes, feeling shy at her flirty gaze.

"I hope to see you soon?" he asked earnestly.

"Yes, of course." Serena opened the newly repaired doors of her shop. "You must come to me when the shop opens for business."