15. A Kiss of Peonies

CHAPTER 15

Thursday afternoon came quicker than expected. And after a budding week for her shop, it was quite sad to close its doors for the rest of the day. But she'd promised Theo, and she always kept a promise... or at least tried to.

Serena pulled down her strawberry pink swing dress that clung to her shapely chest and flowed out below her knees. She tucked her breasts into its push-up bra, perking it up. She needed to look cute for her date. She brushed out her freshly blowed-out hair with a comb. It smelt of rose oil. A little sweetness for her Theo-boy.

She left her bedroom and strutted down the stairs with her peep-toe tanned heels to the shop's floor. A roar of a wide-open throttle grumbled outside on the street, vibrating the windows faintly. Serena rushed to the door with a sneaky smirk on her face, having her suspicions. The robust, throaty growl of a vintage classic caught the passer-by's attention as well as Serena's.

A Triumph Thunderbird rolled on up. Theo looked striking on the motorcycle, in his faded jeans and white t-shirt with a checked red bandana dangling on the left-side of his belt. His tawny curls were styled in a curly bang. He embodied a real-life James Dean.

Serena arched a brow and bit the corner of her bottom pink lip. Hmmm, he's looking quite tasty, Serena wickedly thought. A young pup caught in her claws she can devour, making her heart quicken, which was a rare thing to happen.

He's got potential. That's for sure.

Theo parked his Thunderbird in front of the shop. His gaze stared at the eye-catching owner of Tricky Treats. He smiled boyishly as he trailed Serena from her golden tanned legs and pink number that showed every inch of her cleavage in the best way and left below her waist to the imagination. His breath hitched in his throat at the beautiful sight of her.

"Serena..." he breathed and left the motorbike idling. He hopes she'll like where he was going to take her. It was sweet and pink, just like her.

Serena stepped forward, her saunter slow and teasing as she played with the pendant between her fingers of her necklace that draped around her neck and adorned her revealing shoulders. Her left hand glided on her hip, as usual, and some residents watched as she sauntered up to Theo.

"Nice ride." She purred, deliciously. "I knew I was going to ride something today, but I didn't think it's your horse of steel."

Theo laughed coyly. His ears flaming. "Welcome to my little secret. I thought I'll surprise you."

Serena eyed Theo from his clean-shaven jaw to his dirt motorbike boots. Sizzling like steam on wheels. "I like what I see."

"Hop on, Madam Serena. Your steel steed awaits."

Her eyes checked across the street to Alice stepping outside the pastry shop. Her mouth was in an angry pout and her eyes blazing as she stared at her and Theo.

Ha! That's what you get when you call my treats decay on a stick! Serena thought haughtily.

"Don't mind if I do." Serena pulled up her swing dress to her thighs and mounted the seat right behind Theo. Her thighs gripped the hot steel of the motorbike. Her arms wrapped slowly around Theo's firm torso and kissed his cheek.

"Am I holding you right?" she whispered into his ear, shooting tingles inside of him.

"Oh, yes, Serena." Theo murmured. This was probably the highlight of his drab year. "I think it would be safer to hold tighter."

"Hmmm..." Serena moaned in his ear, nipping his earlobe. Theo's focus waned, and so did his breathing. "You better ride now, Theo-boy. People are beginning to stare." Not to mention breaking the mayor's rules for public affection.