31. The Curse and the Pendant

CHAPTER 31 

Tilly gripped the swirling pink liquid in the tiny glass bottle. She didn't know when Serena dropped her thumbnail in the bottle, but it didn't matter — Finally, Oliver will just have eyes for her.

Her skin rippled into goosebumps at the thought of clenching Oliver's attention at last. Serena instructed her to drop the potion into Oliver's drink. Tilly held the hot chocolate in her left hand in a paper cup. She was told he liked it and thought to give it to him on the go, a treat to end off the day. Hoping it wouldn't look suspicious.

She stood around the corner street of the butchery, watching discreetly. She secretly opened the glass bottle and poured the pink potion into his hot chocolate. A small whisper of pink smoke gasped from the cup. Tilly swirled the hot chocolate in her hand, stirring the love potion with the chocolate.

Hmmm, it smelt of raspberries and cream again. The anticipation crept between her legs as she licked her lips. She couldn't wait for Oliver to slurp it down! She slipped the empty bottle in her pocket and straightened out her light blue dress. Alice always wore this signature color and Oliver always gave her attention. Maybe he'll notice Tilly more, too, in the same shade.

Tilly crossed the street and walked swiftly to the butchery. She stepped inside the cool space and spotted Oliver packing the last of the meat. She smiled coyly at the handsome sight of him in his white apron. His midnight black hair always in a retro style.

Luckily, there were no customers in sight. She walked straight up to the counter, her eyes never leaving him. He continued to pack the beef ribs, not noticing her approach. Tilly frowned.

She cleared her throat as she gripped the hot chocolate between her hands tightly, preventing her fingers from shaking. "H-Hello, Oliver." She greeted timidly.

Oliver looked up and wrinkled his brows, swallowing hard with a blink. "Hey... Er, can I help with anything?" He replied awkwardly. Clearly, he still remembered their fantasies.

Tilly shook her head, smiling shyly. "Oh no, I brought you hot chocolate. I thought you'll enjoy it after a long, hard day. There's a slight chill outside and this will warm you right up." She extended the hot chocolate, eager for him to take it.

Oliver creased his eyes in confusion. "Well, uh, that's kind of you." He said uncomfortably. "But I had a weird experience with hot chocolate some time ago. I decided to stay away from it."

Bullocks! Tilly thought. Anxiety crept up at the fact that Oliver won't drink it. She clinked her knees together as she watched Oliver turn his back and walk towards the back kitchen.

"It's from Serena!" she yelled. "She said it's your favorite. You liked it before."

Oliver looked at Tilly with a raised eyebrow. "You help her in Tricky Treats Store, huh?"

Tilly nodded, and he smirked. "Well, it wasn't totally unpleasant." He chuckled. "Okay, thank you for the hot chocolate, then."

Tilly smiled, feeling snubbed he's choosing to drink it because she mentioned Serena. But beggars couldn't be choosers and gladly passed the hot chocolate to Oliver. He held the steaming cup and took a sip instantly, lighting Tilly's eyes up.

"Hmmm, that's good." He said. "It tastes different from the last one." He sniffed it. "It smells like peppermint, with a hint of tobacco."

"You better drink it all up quick." Tilly watched on eagerly with greedy, bulgy eyes. "It's getting cold."

Oliver continued to guzzle down the hot chocolate at Tilly's delight. She stood on her tippy toes, sucking in her lips until he drank every last drop in the cup.