29. Tale of the Pink Storm

CHAPTER 29

"Explain what?" Tilly yelled, still holding up the rolling pin with both hands at eye-level. "That you're going to turn me into a toad!"

Serena rolled her eyes. "Nonsense! I won't do such a thing to you," she eyed Tilly playfully, "Unless provoked."

Tilly gasped and exploded a screeching scream, ready to run around the kitchen if need be until she found a way out. The cat jumped up towards the ceiling at her ear-piercing yelps.

"Calm down and don't scream, Tilly. For whiskers sakes." Serena tried to calm her. But it didn't help, Tilly still screamed her lungs out. "Don't make me zip up your lips, too." She shouted.

Tilly instantly stopped, and she swallowed in hard. "Please don't," she murmured.

"Are you calm so that I can explain?" Serena breathed in.

Tilly inhaled, her chest rising, and she lowered the rolling pin. "Yes, uh-huh." She nodded her head.

Serena smiled gratefully. "I could easily make you forget what you've seen here. But your mind seems curious." Tilly's eyes watched Serena fold her arms and pace slowly to the fireplace.

"Yes, I'm a witch." Serena sighed and Tilly stared wide-eyed, not peeping out a sound. Serena grabbed a wooden spoon and tossed it in the bubbling pot. "And I come from a small village in Northwick," she smiled. "This is my special chocolate brew. It needs to be on the heat at all times. 180 degrees Celsius, to be exact. The fire beneath it is bewitched, keeping the fire low all day long." She stirred it and lifted the spoon up and silky, dark chocolate drizzled from the spoon.

Tilly stood, flabbergasted. She always read about witches and magic in fairytale books. But her mind couldn't believe witches existed... and in her hometown! She looked on with interest and gingerly rested the rolling pin on the wooden table. And crept closer, wanting to see the magical chocolate.

"This cauldron has been in my family for over two hundred centuries." Serena continued and beckoned Tilly forward. Tilly inched cautiously closer, but curiosity overwhelmed her, and she dipped her eyes to the frothy chocolate. She licked her lips as the bittersweet smell drifted up her nose.

Serena smiled as she observed Tilly's marvel at the newfound knowledge. "Would you like to taste the chocolate in its best form? Free from all other ingredients."

Tilly creased her brows and nodded. "Sure, yes... okay." She convinced herself.

"Good." Serena said and grabbed a silver dinner spoon. "This will be the best thing you've ever tasted." She dipped the spoon into the cauldron and raised it up. The silver was covered in dark, luscious liquid and Serena passed the spoon to her.

Tilly took it and shoved the spoon into her mouth and licked the warm cooked cocoa with added cream. She closed her eyes in delight. It tickled all over her body and she felt like sunshine, radiant — beaming from the inside out. It was bloody wonderful! "That's so yummy!" she squealed in relish. "I feel like a daisy sprung in Spring."

"Enchanting is more the word," Serena chuckled. "You see, the chocolate has special abilities. Whoever eats it experiences different emotions. Whatever pleases them. Whether it's flying like a bird, a snowflake landing on your tongue, or orgasmic feelings after good sex."

Tilly smiled.

"In your case, it gives you sunny giggles." Serena smirked.

"Amazing..." Tilly whispered, astonished.

"I usually bend the chocolate to my will to make delicious treats for certain desires and needs." Serena said proudly. "My mother and grandmother taught me everything."