36. Ladies' Choice

CHAPTER 36 

Theo leaned against the cold wall with his left hand resting idly in his pocket while his right index finger and thumb clenched a burning cigarette. He wasn't used to dressing up in a shirt and trousers with shoes he shined this morning, but he wanted to impress Serena on this night and was sure she'll impress him. His watch said 7pm sharp as he pulled the last drag of his cigarette and flicked it on the ground, stomping the embers with his shoe.

"You smoke? I didn't know that?" an enchanting, sexy voice spoke before him.

Theo looked up and saw a sultry vision. Serena dressed in devilish red. Her long scarlet cocktail dress hugged every inch of her sensual curves, accentuating her hips and breasts that teased her racy cleavage. The dress's low back line aroused his eyes to see what's lower. A tantalizing ass! Her long raven hair, set in a wavy style faux bob, parted at the side. Theo's heart raced at the sight of her.

"I'm one damn lucky man," he breathed out.

She sauntered close, her lean golden legs slipped through her high slit with black strappy heels. "My-my, Theo." She purred with red lips. "You're looking good enough to eat." She chuckled, but Theo continued to stare. His cheeks turning bright pink. "What?" She twirled around, giving him a good view. "Cat got your tongue."

"You look absolutely gorgeous." He said, stunned. "I thought you'll teach these women a lesson, not murder them."

Serena laughed. "Oh, Theo. You know how to boost a gal's ego." She grabbed his arm and kissed him on the cheek. "Let's go inside. You're gonna love the theme."

Serena and Theo entered the hall to a full and swinging dance.

Serena stepped into her enchanted wonderland. She and the team done wonders this week... and without magic. The hall sparkled at night, with fairy lights twinkling against the walls. She breathed out with a smile. Theo huffed out a laugh beside her.

"Wow, you were even allowed to remove the flags." He joked. "This place looks nothing like the council hall."

Serena clung her hand lazily to Theo's arm as they walked further inside the hall. Naturally, eyes followed her as the people studied from her heels to her hair. Serena smiled at them. She was proud of the town and how far they'd come. They all went out, dressed in glitz and glamour. But of course, she had to knock it out of the ballpark. She was happy to be a part of this beautiful evening.

"Serena, you look amazing."

Serena turned to see a beaming Mrs. Greene. But she didn't look like the drab woman she came to know at the grocery store. She was confident, full of life, and beautiful.

The pair chatted briefly, and the crowd slowly parted, making way for her to see the lower half of the hall. Serena looked left and her emerald eyes fell on the mayor, who sat at the front table. His piercing blue eyes stared intensely at Serena, and heat purred beneath her skin without warning. He swallowed hard, his eyes not leaving her.

Woof! The mayor looked handsome in his black tuxedo and crisp white shirt, peeking out of a dark silky waistcoat. His force was magnetic and charming, so much that it made Serena glance away.

GLANCE AWAY!!!

Whiskers! She never was the one that looks away. She's the queen that turns heads!!!

Serena shimmied her shoulders and flipped her hair, shaking out the doubts. Her eyes trained on the residents, dancing away instead. The band that was hired from the city played on stage. But Serena couldn't help it. She turned her head casually, taking a sneaky glance at the resolute mayor.