23. The Yellow Button

CHAPTER 23 

The mayor gasped awake and scrunched his eyes. His bedroom was still dark. It was still night. The light of the high moon created shadows that played against the walls. He breathed in and out with heavy breaths. His body felt numb. Dazed and shocked by his dream or real-life unexplained occurrence — he didn't understand.

Feelings of angst and confusion flowed through him. The mayor pulled himself up from the bed. He didn't know how he got up here. His pajama silk shirt was off. His upper body was naked. He looked down. His pajama pants were removed with only his boxers on. He ran a hand through his unkempt hair and his skin flustered with sweat. The mayor felt strange, like he had a night of wild sex, yet no evidence of it.

His front boxers were damp. He remembered his throbbing cock with wild and erotic strokes that shot into him. It seemed like a dream. I must've been one. He checked it and noticed his dick leaking with his arousal. He pulled his lips. Stunned and disgusted with himself.

"What the bloody hell?" he mumbled as he climbed out groggily from bed.

It was the strangest dream. A lively one, yet he couldn't remember everything. His brain tried to recollect earlier events before he passed out. But it was still foggy.

"Serena..."

He jumped out of bed, startled when he said her name. He could almost hear her laugh echo in the dead night's silence. But it was just his imagination. It must've been.

The vison he had last night in the flames was about her. Suddenly pieces of it trickled back. Zealous hands... eager fingers... plump lips and even rounder breasts... soft and tantalizing. Hypnotic hips and fiery movements.

He closed his eyes, envisioning emerald eyes that enchanted him.

The mayor snapped his eyelids open. What was wrong with him? Dammit! Dammit! Dammit! He will not fall under her influence like the rest!!! He marched to the bathroom and turned on the shower. A full COLD blast! Refusing to turn on the hot water. It was in the middle of the night, but he needed to hose himself the fuck down if that was the last thing he would do.

"It was just a damn dream," he muttered to himself, his hand touching his stricken dick. "I won't let this rattle me."

He stepped into the blistering cold shower, and he huffed out. His skin turned into goosebumps instantly when it touched the icy water. His brain thought of Serena in an erotic way. Yes! She was beautiful and provocative. But he was strong willed and disciplined and will not be led by temptation. His fingers snatched the soap and he washed himself once and twice over. He needed to rinse this filth off him!

His heart beating fast.

He needed to stay away from that woman.

*

Hot flames burst out from each window. The roof blazed with fire, reaching for the black, starless sky. Thick grey smoke puffed from each opening, like a dragon breathing veraciously with scorched eyes inside the two-story house. The blaze heated her skin.

Serena darted her head around the small town, south of Brazil. Her mother and she stayed at for six months now. The longest town they'd ever been in.

Everything was on fire. The smoke burning her nose as tears rolled down her face. She watched with the rest of the townsfolk, pressed together as they witness the inferno before them.

Howling scream of a man screeched inside the house.

She was helpless to help the man inside she knew well. His deep affection for her mother led him into a trapped inferno. He fell in love with her mother, never leaving her side.