10. The First Customer

CHAPTER 10 

Oliver crossed the street without a sign of a limp. Miraculously, his left leg felt completely fine, like he hadn't just torn a tendon. He didn't complain... Thinking he was just a healthy young man with a speedy immunity. He walked over and stood at Tricky Treats Store. It was the first time he had seen the place opened and fully renovated.

"Welcome, handsome." Serena smiled, "I see there's no longer a hop in your step."

"Yes. I'm happy to report I'm all better and ready for the upcoming match." He said, rocking back and forth in his blue suede shoes.

She winked. "Glad to hear it, stud." She walked inside and he walked in after her.

Instantly, his nose was smothered with a chocolaty aroma. He breathed in the bittersweet scent. It was fantastic! The little boy in him jumping up and down. He stepped further into the toasty shop and was stunned by the array of candy. He smiled, never seeing such luxury.

Caramel apples, squares of toffees and fudge, truffles and chocolates of all kinds laid out beautifully onto the shelves. His eyes raised up and admired the décor. It was bright and warm with gold trimmings.

"Those bar of chocolates with the nuts look pretty tasty." He said, staring at it with peckish eyes.

Serena walked behind the counter and cooked up some chocolate in a pot on a tiny stove. She had other treats in mind for him.

"You can buy that if you want, handsome." She said. Oliver didn't hesitate to grab the nutty bars and paid for it at the counter.

Serena took the pennies and asked him a few questions. They were alone in the shop, and she didn't plan to let her first customer go just yet...

"Do you have a girl, Oliver?" she asked with a curious smirk. "Someone special? I see you a lot with the postman's daughter."

He frowned and was surprised at Serena's knowledge.

How did she know that?

"Yes-yes." He shook his head and retracted. "No!" he blurted. "I have my eyes on a few ladies. I refused to settle down right now or have a girlfriend at all." He smirked boldly as he patted his retro slicked back styled hair filled with grease.

Serena chuckled seductively. "Hmmm, is that so?" she purred as she grabbed a small jar from underneath the counter and pulled out three dried herbs with beautiful tiny white flower heads called Silk Nut. "Describe your perfect woman to me, Oliver." Her emerald eyes narrowed in on him.

Oliver gave a baffled chuckle. "Well, if you must know, she has to be gorgeous." He flirted with a gleaming smile, leaning his arm against the counter comfortably. Serena held the herbs in hands, rubbing it between her fingers as he spoke. A trick she learnt from her grandmother.

"Carry on..." Serena said, and Oliver cleared his throat.

"She has to laugh at my jokes." He said, and Serena continued to rub the highly fragrant herb.

"She has to have bright eyes... and dark hair that hangs low on her back." he said, shifting right to left on his feet.

"She needs to be shorter than me, with a generous ass." He swallowed hard, his breathing becoming heavy.

"Continue..." Serena hummed.

Oliver blinked hard and started to squirm inside. Tingles fluttered in him, increasing with every breath until it swarmed in his chest, down his belly... further down the weird sensation travelled. "She needs to have good hy-hy-hy-giene..." his words slurring.