Forgiveness

On Monday morning Charles drove us the two hours back to Monaco to return his car. We weren't expecting to return until after Hungary however my impromptu holiday caused Charles to return home instead. I was slightly glad to be going home so I could do some laundry over the next two days before we left for Hungary as I was running low on necessities.

Charles dropped me at my apartment and helped me upstairs with my large suitcase. I placed my keys on the kitchen counter as Charles followed behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist as I fiddled with the key ring that was dangling on the set of keys

"What are you thinking?" He asked rotating me round so I was now facing him
"I want to meet with your mum to try and sort this mess out" I replied, tracing the details on his shirt nervously
"I'm sure that can be arranged" he smiled pulling me against his chest "how does tomorrow suit?"
"Free as a bird" I giggled "can we have a redo of Saturday night and pretend that never happened?" I asked
"I'll check that Arthur and Lorenzo are free for dinner tomorrow" he pressed his lips against my temple as I relaxed in to him

We spent the next few minutes in silence just wrapped in each others arms before Charles had to leave to go home. It felt so strange to be alone after being surrounded by my best friends for the past month.

I quickly occupied myself by emptying my suitcase on to the living room floor and separating the dirty laundry to be washed whilst planning what outfits to take to Hungary. I loaded the washing machine before dragging my almost empty suitcase through to my bedroom.

I was glad to be able to switch out my large suitcase for small carry on luggage and I transferred my remaining toiletries over. I spent the next two hours unloading and reloading the washing machine, hanging up laundry and cleaning the flat. Feeling truly domesticated I collapsed down on the couch and FaceTimed Emma to ask if she needed anything from the flat whilst I was here.

After hanging up with Em, I made myself some pasta and sat out on the balcony, watching the sun set in the distance.

jenwalker

story posted

story posted

I sat out on the balcony for the next couple of hours, taking in the atmosphere from the bustling streets below, still having to pinch myself to remind me that these past few months have been real.

- -

I allowed myself to sleep in the following morning as I had been awake before 8 o'clock every day for the last month. Charles informed me last night that Pascale had offered to cook dinner for us tonight instead of going and I happily agreed, much rather wanting to deal with this matter privately.

I reluctantly rolled out of bed and searched through the now clean laundry, selecting the items required for my planned outfits before taking a long shower.

After I had dried and curled my hair, I found myself loitering around the apartment trying to find something to do. I had always been such an independent person, enjoying my own company, but since I've met Charles, I can't stand to be away from him. I was a girl obsessed.