Latest

*2 years later*

It was mid October and Emma and I were camped out on her couch, eating pizza and watching Mean Girls. The boys were currently in The Americas completing that leg of the season. Emma and I chose to miss out on these couple of races to continue to work and see our patients. So I had moved in to her and Max's apartment until we flew out to Abu Dhabi.

"Oh my god" Emma huffed and readjusted herself again to get comfortable
"What's wrong with you?" I laughed
"My cramps are killing me today, how are you functioning as a person right now?" She asked

I looked at her with a blank expression

"Your what?" I asked again
"Cramps, period cramps, the kind you get every month?" She replied like I was an idiot "how are you okay, we're always on it together now"

She was right. We had spent so much time together that we were synced up and had been for years. Except for now. I pulled up my health tracker on my phone and realised this was the second month I had gone without cramps.

Emma stared at me as I stared at my phone

"Shut up" She continued to stare at me
"I didn't say anything" I laughed nervously as she snatched my phone out of my hand to inspect what I had just been looking at
"Get in that toilet right now" she ordered, pulling me off the couch and pushing me towards the bathroom "tests are in the bottom drawer on the right"

I followed her instructions and unwrapped the test, carrying out my business before placing the cap back on and washing my hands.

The wait was agonising. I could hear Em shuffling on the other side of the door, possibly just as nervous as I was as I looked around the bathroom, anywhere but the test. I couldn't help but laugh as Emma tried to quickly silence the timer she had set to indicate that the two minutes were up.

I stared down at the test in disbelief

Pregnant
6-8 weeks

I was always diligent with my birth control but I suppose I didn't take in to account the time difference when we had been travelling a few months back. I was surprised, definitely unexpected but I couldn't be happier. The tears started to well in my eyes as I realised that Charles and I would be having a baby.

I opened the door to Emma who immediately ran over to the counter to check the results

"Oh. My. God." She squealed "you're going to be a mum! You're going to be a milf" she laughed "oh my god, I'm going to be an aunt" she rushed over to hug me "I'm so happy for you" she smiled, wiping away the tears she had let out as well

Jen
Fancy a change of plans?
Do you want to come home before we fly out to Abu Dhabi?
I miss you 🥺

Charles
I changed my flight last week to do exactly that 😂

Jen
Great minds think alike 😉

*2 weeks later*

I had taken another pregnancy test the next day and immediately booked in with our doctor to get bloods taken and officially confirm it.

I was now sat in the living room staring at the gift box I had made up, waiting for Charles to arrive any minute now. As if on cue, I heard keys rattling in the door and rushed to meet Charles at the entrance. I immediately flung my arms around him and refused to let go. With the race calendar constantly being expanded, especially to add races in America, this is the longest we've gone without seeing each other since we got married.