Hasty Exits

"I've taken from Charles before and I'll happily do it again" he smirked

I continued to stare back at Mick, completely dumbfounded at this new side that had come out of him. His previously kind eyes were now filled with an emotion I couldn't quite put my finger on. Jealousy? Pride?

I didn't know whether to start an argument or completely walk away from him, not giving him the reaction he was looking for but someone else beat me to making that decision

"What the fuck did he just say?" Emma shouted from behind me, snapping me out of my thoughts
"Leave it Em" I held my arm out in front of her as she stormed towards Mick, all guns blazing "He's not worth causing a scene, there's too many people around just now."

I ushered her away before turning back to Mick and glaring at him

"Just back off and leave us alone Mick. Charles and I are happy and nothing is ever going to happen between me and you, no matter how hard you try. Whatever friendship we had is over, don't speak to me again."
"I'll see you around Jen and I'll never stop trying" He smirked again as I walked away

My hands were shaking with rage, pulling out my phone as we left the club. Tears pricked at my eyes as my anger bubbled up within me. My worst trait is not being able to have an argument without angry crying. I blinked them back, refusing to cry over a man like that even if it was out of pure frustration.
Why can't I ever have a normal holiday or night out without some sort of drama interfering with my life?

Em and I quickly jumped in a taxi to go back to the apartment and I text Charles to update him on the situation

Jen
Omg he's such a dick
I've never met anyone as two-faced as him

Charles
Are you okay? Do you need me?
I can come and get you right now?

Jen
No, it's okay x
We're on our way back to the Airbnb and leaving first thing tomorrow x

Charles
Okay, just as long as you're okay x

Jen
I love you x

Charles
I love you x

We arrived back at the apartment and immediately got changed and took our makeup off before beginning to pack our suitcases, preparing ourselves for a swift exit from Nice in a couple of hours time.

Emma fell asleep straight away next to me as I mindlessly scrolled on my phone, unable to get Mick's words out of my head. It baffled me that someone could come across so sweet and innocent to the media and fans and have such a switch of personalities in an instant when he doesn't get his way.

I sat wide awake for the next few hours thinking of everything that had happened since we moved to Monaco. I had experienced some of the best moments of my life being there but also felt at my lowest with the constant drama and pressure put on both Charles and I.

Soon the sun began to rise and rays peaked through the curtains, my mind still racing and legs itching to get up and leave as soon as possible. I checked my phone again and saw that it was half past six and I didn't want to disturb Emma who had been sound asleep for the past four hours.

I quietly made my way out of the bed and in to the bathroom, switching on the shower and turning to face myself in the mirror. My eyes were dull and sad, paired with dark circles due to the lack of sleep.