Nice

A week later Emma and I were all packed and headed for our weekend trip in Nice. Recently we had only passed through it going to and from Monaco so we were excited to get back to the usual spots we would spend our summer breaks in.

We made our way to the train station and got our seats on the train, the journey went incredibly quick and before we knew it we were arriving in Nice.

"What do you want to do first?" Emma asked as we stepped out in to the summer heat
"Let's go check in to our Airbnb then we can go for lunch?" I suggested and Em agreed as we set off

As soon as we got the keys for the apartment and let ourselves in, Em followed her usual routine of diving head first in to the large double bed and starfishing herself across the whole space.

"Oh my god, I could go for a nap in this bed right now" she called out to me as she cocooned herself in the covers
"You always do this" I laughed, pulling both of our suitcases in to the bedroom "Go get changed so we can eat"

30 minutes later and 3 outfits changes for Emma we were ready to leave to get food and explore

emmasmithh

story posted

story posted

The next couple of hours were spent drinking cocktails and with me forcing Em to attempt to use her French skills and when our English skills were becoming a bit less than useful we decided to have a break from the alcohol and wander along the promenade to take photos.

jenwalker

Liked by charles_leclerc, pierregasly and 14,248 othersNice is nice 🏁

Nice is nice 🏁

We then went back to the apartment to sleep off the cocktails to prepare ourselves for our second round at dinner. It was 7 o'clock when Emma and I awoke from our nap and we both sat scrolling on our phones, not ready to leave the comfortable bed just yet.

*1 unread message*
Pierre
Hey, didn't realise you guys were going to Nice this weekend. Lando's doing a DJ gig there tomorrow night if you and Em want to come along to it?