Moving to Lima

Maddison Hughes wakes to the sound of her alarm blaring and groans before turning over to snooze it, what felt like seconds after closing her eyes Maddison feels her body being rocked and when she opens her eyes she sees her mother smiling down at her. 

"Morning darling, it's moving day you need to get a move on, once your dressed breakfast will be downstairs for you." Allison signed to her daughter who just sleepily nodded in response. After her mother left the room, Maddison gets out of bed before choosing her outfit for the day and walks downstairs. 

Maddison's outfit (Can imagine something different if you want)

Once downstairs she shuffled into the kitchen before planting herself in a chair, jumping at the contact of her father's hands shaking her shoulders. Maddison huffed before shooting her father a deadly stare at this he puts his hands up in defense before turning to tease his daughter. 

"Well looks like someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed." 

"Fuck off," Maddison said in a serious tone

"Allie quick we need coffee stat!" 

Maddison rolled her eyes before getting up and grabbing a cup of coffee and sitting back at the table with her father, she mindlessly scrolled through Instagram until a plate was placed in front of her. Looking up she smiled at her mother before she joined her daughter and husband at the table. The room was quiet other than the sound of cutlery hitting the plate until Allison broke the silence. 

"Ok, the movers will be here in an hour make sure everything is packed in a box or bag otherwise it's being left behind." True to her warning the movers arrived an hour later and packed the van with the help of her father, Allison did a once-over of the house while Addison waited by the car. 

Allison soon came out to join her daughter by the car and pulled her into a side hug. 

"You not gonna say bye to your friends?" 

Maddison shook her head, it's not that she didn't want to it's just she had already said goodbye to everyone she cared about, she just didn't want to have some sappy goodbye as her parents drove away waving through the back windscreen as you see in the movies. It wasn't long until the family of 3 hit the road starting their 12-hour journey to Lima, Ohio. 

Somewhere after the car radio singing and the petrol station, Maddison took a nap only to wake up to the car pulling up to their new house. Allison turned around preparing to wake her daughter up only to see she was already awake. The family stared up at the 5-bed, 3-bathroom house before starting to unpack the car while they wait for the movers to arrive. 

"What do you think pumpkin?" Russell asked his daughter as they walked up to the house. 

"It's bigger than our last place at least."

"Yeah, and the upside is you get to have your own bathroom now." He smiled down at his daughter, she smiled back before making her way into the house. 

(For anyone interested, this is a random house I found on homes

(For anyone interested, this is a random house I found on homes.com)

~ Time skip a few days  ~

The unpacking process was as boring as one would suspect but the family of 3 did their best to make it their home. A few neighbors popped by in the first few days to introduce themselves, one of which Maddison had a soft spot for, she was an old lady called Janet who was in her early 80s and lived alone with her cat Maximus. While her other neighbors were a family of 3 just like her own, it was a couple with their daughter who was around the same age as Maddison, she introduced herself as Brittany, and Maddison thought she was pretty ad sweet, it turned out Brittany attended William McKinley High School and promised she would help Maddison get around. It didn't take long till Brittany and Maddison became fast friends in the few days since the Hughes moved next door.

Tomorrow would be Maddison's first day at Mckinley, what could go wrong? 

A/N                                                                                                                                                                                                

So um yeah the first chapter, is not very long but at least it's a starting point? 

(779 words)