Chapter 3 - Season 2.3

The start of a new week meant a new assignment for Glee Club but one thing Maddison wasn't ready for is how personal this week's lesson would get. 

The brunette sat with Quinn and Mercedes when Finn put his hand up. 

"Mr. Schue, I have something to say. Something happened to me and I can't really get into it, but it's shaken me to my core." 

"Oh my god, he's coming out." Puck said which made Maddison laugh a little until Finn agreed with the boy. 

"Why yes. There is a man who's recently come into my life...and that man is Jesus Christ." No one said anything till Puck spoke again

"That's way worse."

"I know there are others in here who dig him too, and so I thought maybe this week, we could pay tribute to him in music...You know, pay tribute to Jesus." This suggestion made Kurt say something. 

"Sorry, uh, but if I wanted to sing about Jesus, I'd go to church, and the reason I don't go to church is because most churches don't think very much of gay people...Or women or science" Maddison nodded along, completely agreeing with Kurt. 

And in true New Directions fashion the topic turned into a discussion. 

"Idon't see anything wrong with getting a little church up in here." Mercedes said so then did Quinn

"I agree. I've had a really hard year and I turned to God a lot for help. I for one wouldn't mind saying thanks." It was fair to say Maddison may be regretting her seat choice.

"Thanks for what? That it didn't come out a lizard baby?" Santana said in response to Quinn 

"Whenever I pray, I fall asleep." Britt added to the discussion. 

"Wellguys, maybe our song selection doesn't have to be about Jesus. We could dosongs about spirituality." Mr. Schue said trying to find a middle ground but Finn was obviously focusing more on Puck since the taller boy called him out.

"You got a problem with Jesus?"

"Oh, I got no problem with the guy. I'm a total Jew for Jesus. He's my number one hebe. What I don't like seeing is people using J-Money to cramp everybody else's style, 'cause it seems to me that true spirituality, or whatever you want to call it, is about enjoying the life that you've been given. I mean I see god every time I make out with a new chick." Puck fired back, but instead of Finn saying something Rachel did

"Ok,ok. That doesn't make any sense. In fact, it's stupid."

"Are you calling Mr. Billy Joel stupid?" Puck said directing it to Rachel before continuing "I'dlike to continue my streak of doing only songs by Jewish artists." 

Puck made his way to the front while Finn and Mr. Schue took their seats 

Leaving the choir room at the end of the lesson, Maddison couldn't stop thinking about how terrible this week would be. 

- The following day - 

News of Burt Hummel having a heart attack spread so fast that by the time Glee Club rolled about the majority if not everyone knew, so when the teens entered the room and saw Kurt already seated they took turns showing him support before sitting down. 

"Hey Kurt, we're really sorry about your dad's heart attack."

"Thanks, Santana."

"Idid a book report on heart attacks if you want to give it to the doctor. I got knocked down an entire letter grade 'cause it was written in crayon." Brittany said from beside her best friend  as she handed the boy her report. Before anyone else could say anything to Kurt, Finn stormed into the room