15. Too Much

She tightened the glass in her hands, pulling it above Hannah's body, before slamming into down into her chest. The pain seared through Hannah as she screamed.

Hannah's world went dark for a moment, and she could only feel the pain that scorched her body. She couldn't tell where exactly it was coming from, but it was cold and hot and terrible.

A sound rang out that Hannah couldn't decipher. Then her chest became heavy, the weight of a corpse on top of her. A soon-to-be walker.

Hannah unclenched her eyes to see her attacker's hair covering her own face, the woman's body lifeless on top of her own. With a hard push, Hannah moved the woman's body off of herself. As she did, the woman's limp hand pulled the knife she had just stabbed her. Hannah realized now that the knife had gone through her side, leaving a slice just below her ribs.

Standing above her, gun in hand, was Maggie. Before Hannah knew what had happened, Maggie reached out her hand and helped the girl stand. Hannah could see in her eyes that Maggie was just as scared as she was. She hadn't seen this sort of chaos in so long.

"Go to the infirmary," was all Maggie said, shouting over the sounds of screams.

Hannah had a love-hate relationship with the infirmary. She loved that it was there at all, that they were able to help people. But, she hated Pete.

When Hannah arrived at the infirmary, blood still dripping from the deep cut on the side of her neck and the stab wound on her side, she found that Tara, Denise, and Eugene were already inside.

Jesus, what happened to you?" Eugene immediately says as the girl comes through the door. Tara and Denise, who Hannah had yet to really get to know, turned as well, shocked at the sight of her.

"It's fine, someone-- someone just got into my house. One of them." Hannah pushed herself to say.

"Here, sit down." Tara quickly pulls Hannah over to the couch that had been turned into a makeshift gurney. It was red with goldish stripes, which Hannah always thought was very fitting.

"Eugene! Get her some bandages. We've gotta stop that bleeding." Denise called out to Eugene, who only nodded curtly and ran for the supply cabinet.

Eugene began to wrap the bandages around Hannah's side, putting just enough pressure to stop the bleeding, and put a smaller wrap around her head. Hannah had never talked to Eugene much, though she knew he had a reputation for being odd. She didn't mind it though, as long as he was good at fixing her, she didn't care who he was.

As Eugene wrapped her up, what had just happened began to set in for Hannah. Her entire body ached, not only the parts that had been injured. It was like all of the fear she had felt, all of the pain, all of the constant running, had been amplified all at once throughout her body. She groaned as Eugene moved to work on her side. She was so tired.

"Um, you can put your head down, Miss Hannah," Eugene said hesitantly, feeling her begin to sway. Hannah didn't respond, but she let her head fall onto the man's shoulder, opposite to the side he was working on and rested.

It felt like it had been so long since Hannah had arrived at the infirmary. She was only reminded of the situation she was in when a loud siren began to sound. She jumped awake, pulling her head off Eugene, who was now sitting stiffly as she rested. While she was out, Hannah realized, Denise must have stitched her up because she could feel the dull pain coming from her side.

"What's that?" She asked groggily. She could feel now that her body had been tended to carefully, and though the stitches throbbed, the pressure of the gauze on her wounds felt nice.