2 ~ Sorting

Not long after Hermione left, the train stopped and Harry, Ron and Rose got out. Taking the advice of Hermione, Rose had changed into her, still plain, robes. As soon as she stepped out of the train she lost sight of Harry and Ron. Not knowing what to do she followed the other students.

"Right, then! First years! This way, please! Come on, now, don't be shy! Come on now, hurry up!" A voice boomed above the sound of the train. Rose walked closer to it to see a large man. He had a large black beard that matched his hair and twinkling brown eyes that shone in the light of his lantern. She watched as Ron and Harry walked up to him.

"Hello, Harry." She could faintly hear the man say to him.

"Hey, Hagrid." Harry said beaming at Hagrid.

"Whoaa!" Ron gasped looking up at Hagrid. Rose wasn't that surprised to see such tall man. She had met Hagrid a long time ago. He had taken her to Hogwarts once when it was summer break. He showed her the animals in the forest which she loved. She was only nine at the time but the memories stayed with her forever.

"Right then. This way to the boats! Come on, now, follow me." They all followed him to, indeed small boats. Rose looked around for an empty one but found Hermione waving her over. Rose smiled at her and made her way over to the boat. Rose sat next to her as the boats began to move towards the huge castle in the distance. While the boats were moving towards the castle, Hermione told Rose about the school and all the known facts. Some of them she knew but an weeping ghost in one of the restrooms? Wicked!

Soon the boats stopped and they all followed Hagrid into the school. It appeared that the inside was just as magnificent as the outside. Rose gasped as she stared at it all. A little to dark for her taste but it was still so beautiful.

As they walked up a couple of stairs they stopped just in front of an elderly woman with an green hat and robes. Her eyes stood stern but with an hidden twinkle behind them. Rose smiled at her making the woman give her a small smile back. There was some shuffling next to her as everyone tried to find a place. Harry and Ron appeared on her side, Hermione was on the other side standing next to an black haired girl. Rose's eyes quickly snapped back towards the woman as she began speaking.

"Welcome to Hogwarts. Now, in a few moments, you will pass through these doors and join your classmates. But before you can take your seats you must be sorted into your houses. They are Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff, and Slytherin. Now, while you are here, your house will be like your family. Your triumphs will earn you house points. Any rule breaking, and you will lose points. At the end of the year, the house with the most points is awarded the house cup" Suddenly a boy jumped forwards and crouched next to a frog, that had jumped on the stairs.

"Trevor!" he shouted before he noticed the awkward position he was in. "Sorry." He stood up and walked back into the group. He stopped not far back from Rose.

"The sorting ceremony will begin momentarily." The woman send them a smile before she left trough the large doors behind her.

A slicked back evil looking boy suddenly spoke up.

"It's true then, what they're saying on the train. Harry Potter has come to Hogwarts." Some students started to whisper. Rose looked between the boy and Potter just seeing the fire appear between them. "This is Crabbe, and Goyle and I'm Malfoy...Draco Malfoy." Ron snickered at the name. Draco turned to him with an deadly glare. "Think my name's funny, do you? No need to ask yours. Red hair, and a hand me down robe? You must be a Weasley." Ron looked down in embarrassment. Draco turned back at Harry with an smirk on his face "Well soon find that some wizarding families are better than others, Potter. Don't want to go making friends with the wrong sort. I can help you there." He extended his hand to Harry who just looked at him in disgust.