16 ~ Plan in action

After a while, Ron, Harry and Hermione sat inside the Gryffindor common room. Right after 'attack', Hagrid had taken them back to Hogwarts. Rose was taken to the infirmary, so madam Pomfrey could treat her wounds. Rose hadn't woken up yet and madam Pomfrey suspected she might have a concussion.

Ron and Hermione sat on the couch facing the fire while Harry was pacing. He was worried. Not only was Rose not with them, Voldemort was returning.

"You mean, You-Know-Who's out there, right now, in the forest?"

"But he's weak." Harry nodded but didn't stop his pacing. "He's living off the unicorns. Don't you see? We had it wrong. Snape doesn't want the stone for himself, he wants the stone for Voldemort. With the Elixir of Life, Voldemort will be strong again. He'll... He'll come back." He sighed and sat down on the last empty chair.

"But if he comes back, you don't think he'll try to kill you, do you?" Ron asked, wide-eyed.

"I think if he'd had the chance, he might have tried to kill me tonight."

"And to think, I've been worrying about my Potions final!" Ron gulped and sunk down in his seat. He had even dared to ask Hermione for help. HE!!

"Hang on a minute. We're forgetting one thing. Who's the one wizard Voldemort always feared?" Hermione asked them. They both shrugged making her sigh again. Why wasn't Rose here? She would know. "Dumbledore! As long as Dumbledore's around, you're safe. As long as Dumbledore's around, you can't be touched." Harry smiled at Hermione, new hope found in his blue orbs.

-

Two days later the three of them, plus Rose, walked inside the courtyard. They had just finished their Owls, hence Ron and Harry's exhausted faces. Rose and Hermione however where chatting away next to them. Rose had been released from the infirmary yesterday giving her just enough time to reread her books and homework.

"I've always heard Hogwarts' end of the year exams were frightful, but I found that rather enjoyable." Hermione smiled, making Ron and Harry aware of the conversation she had with Rose. She had been really relieved to see Rose up and learning again.

"Speak for yourself." Ron huffed.

"Are you alright, Harry?" Rose asked moving over to Harry to lay her hand on his forehead. He wasn't hot, well at least not extremely. Harry looked up, cross-eyed, at Rose's hand, feeling the coldness of her hand ease his pain.

"My scar. It keeps burning." Harry explained making Rose nod before she slowly removing her hand off his forehead.

"It's happened before." Hermione explained but Harry shook his head.

"Not like this."

"Maybe you should see the nurse." Rose suggested. Harry stopped just outside the courtyard.

"I think it's a warning. It means dangers coming. Uhh!" His hand shot to his forehead. Rose placed her hand on his shoulder, trying to ease the pain again. Harry send her a reassuring smile before his eyes moved towards Hagrid, seeing him sit in front of his hut, playing his flute. "Oh. Of course!" Harry gasped, running towards Hagrid. Ron, Hermione and Rose looked at each other before following him.

"What is it?" Hermione asked Harry, as they caught up to him.

"Don't you think it's a bit odd that what Hagrid wants more than anything is a dragon, and a stranger shows up and just happens to have one? I mean, how many people wander around with dragon eggs in their pockets? Why didn't I see it before?" Harry asked himself before they reached Hagrid. Rose smiled at the tune Hagrid was playing, brought back memories. "Hagrid, who gave you the dragon egg?" Hagrid stopped playing his tune and looked up to them. "What did he look like?