14 ~ Punishment

The friends stood in McGonagall's classroom. Draco stood a little bit more to the right, smirking.

"Nothing, I repeat, nothing gives a student the right to walk about the school at night. Therefore, as punishment for your actions, 50 points will be taken." The Professor told them. They all gasped.

"50?!" Harry asked stunned.

"Each. And to ensure it doesn't happen again, all five of you will receive detention." Draco nodded but his smile disappeared.

Excuse me, Professor. Perhaps I heard you wrong. I thought you said...'the five of us.'" Rose smiled already seeing what was happening.

"No, you heard me correctly, Mr. Malfoy. You see, as honourable as your intentions were, you too were out of bed after hours. You will serve detention with your classmates." Harry's , Ron's and Hermione's smile matched Rose's as Draco looked at them.

-

After waiting for Mr Filch they walked out of the school. Mr Filch, who was carrying a lantern, in front with them following close behind. 

"A pity they let the old punishments die. There was a time detention would find you hanging by your thumbs in the dungeons. God, I miss the screaming." Rose gulped, grabbing Harry's hand. He squeezed it in reassurance. They neared Hagrid's hut just as Hagrid came walking out with his own lantern.

"You'll be serving detention with Hagrid tonight. He's got a little job to do inside the dark forest. A sorry lot this, Hagrid." Hagrid took his crossbow and sniffed, "Oh, good God, man, you're not still on about that bloody dragon, are you?"

"Norbert's gone. Dumbledore sent him off to Romania to live in a colony." Hagrid explained looking down. Rose also looked down at her muddy shoes.

"Well, that's good, isn't it? He'll be with his own kind." Hermione asked.

"Yeah, but what if he don't like Romania?" Mr Filch rolled his eyes. "What if the other dragons are mean to him? He's only a baby, after all." Hagrid muttered.

"Oh, for God's sake, pull yourself together, man. You're going into the forest, after all. Got to have your wits about you." Mr Filch growled, annoyed.

"The forest?" Draco asked, frightened "I thought that was a joke! We can't go in there. Students aren't allowed. And there are..." Rose jumped as a wolf howl was heard in the distance but still way to close for Rose's sake. "werewolves!"

"There's more than werewolves in those trees, lad. You can be sure of that." Draco looked up frightened "Nighty-night." Mr Filch laughed before he walked away.

"Right. Let's go." Hagrid nodded before taking the lead. He looked back and winked at Rose. She smiled an winked back. No Norbert wasn't gone. After Ron, Harry, Rose and Hermione had left Rose had gone back saying she had left her cloak. She had ran back to Hagrid and took out her wand. She had explained to Hagrid what her plan was and went to work. After some trying she had managed to turn Norbert into a brown bulldog. It was still a puppy of course but it would grow to be the size of Fang. Hagrid was delighted when he had seen him. Now Norbert wouldn't have to leave.