21 ~ Not Home, Vacation

Later that day everyone sat in the great hall that was decorated in green banners. Rose had calmed down after the potion worked off. Apparently Madam Pomfrey had given her something to go to sleep with but it had just made her act like a junky. Rose sat next to Ron while Hermione and Harry sat opposite of them. Dumbledore, at the head table, nodded at McGonagall.

She dinged her glass and the whole hall falls silent. Dumbledore rises.

"Another year gone. And now, as I understand it, the house cup needs awarding, and the points stand thus. In fourth place, Gryffindor with 312 points." Some people clapped while Harry, Hermione and Rose hid their heads. "Third place, Hufflepuff, with 352 points." The clapping continued. "In second place, Ravenclaw, with 426 points. And in first place, with 472 points, Slytherin House."

Everyone cheered while Rose laid her head on the table.

"We hadn't noticed" She muttered referring to the banners.

"Yes, yes, well done Slytherin, well done Slytherin. However, recent events must be taken into account. And I have a few last minute points to award." Everyone stopped and looked up. "To Miss Hermione Granger, for the use of cool intellect when others were in great peril, 50 points." Gryffindor cheered.

"Good job."

"Second, to Mr. Ronald Weasley, for the best played game of chess that Hogwarts has seen these many years...50 points." Rose claps with everyone else. "Third, to Miss Rose Smith for a sacrifice that saved her and her friends, 50 points" Everyone claps while Rose turns red. "And forth to Mr. Harry Potter, for pure nerve and outstanding courage, I award Gryffindor house 60 points." Everyone cheered. Hermione moved closer to them.

"We're tied with Slytherin!" Rose gasped and looked at Dumbledore.

"And finally, it takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to your enemies, but a great deal more to stand up to your friends. I award 10 points to Neville Longbottom." Rose stood up and clapped with everyone else. Cheers erupted from the crowd, even from the other houses.

"Assuming that my calculations are correct, I believe that a change of direction is in order." Dumbledore clapped his hands and the green banners turned red and yellow. "Gryffindor wins the House Cup!"

-

The end had finally reached them. The students were filling the school bus, about to make their journey home.

"Come on now, hurry up. You'll be late. Train's leaving. Go on. Go on. Come on. Hurry up." Hagrid assured the students and helped the enter the train. Rose and Harry walked towards the train their pets safely in their cage. Harry handed Hedwig to the train man before ge walked to the open door of the train. Rose did the same with Church before she walked inside the train, leaving Harry. She quickly found an empty compartment with Hermione.

Harry hands Hedwig to a train man, and walks to an open door of the train with Hermione. Hermione waves to Hagrid, who waves back. Hermione gets in the train. Ron joined them seconds later.

"Strange going back home" Ron noted taking a seat at the window.

"Hogwarts is my home, I'm just seeing it as a short vacation." Hermione nodded with a large grin. Harry walked into the compartment before closing the door.

"What about you, strange to be going home?" Harry shook his head taking a seat next to Ron.

"I'm not going home. Not really." Rose smiled, feeling the same. They all watched as the train whistled and it slowly started moving. The friends waved at Hagrid who happily waved back. They won't be leaving for long, they'll be back and as always trouble will come with them.