12 ~ Big Book

In the library Harry and Ron were seated, reading the books Professor Snape made them read. Honestly it was hell. Rose and Hermione walked up to them with a large book in their hands. Clearly too heavy to be carried by one 12 year old. Hermione slammed it onto the table making Harry jump and blush at the same time. After his conversation with Professor Dumbledore, Dumbledore had carried Rose back to the common room. The next morning Rose had told him she hadn't slept that nice for years, which had made him blush even more.

"I had you looking in the wrong section! How could I be so stupid? I checked this out a few weeks ago for a bit of light reading." Hermione sighed opening the book.

"This is light?" Ron questioned making Rose hit him in the shoulder. "AUW" For a small girl she dealt one hell of a punch.

"Of course!"Hermione smiled, typical Rose. She was stunned that Ron's arm hadn't fallen off after all the hits he took of Rose but she guessed Rose didn't hit him hard, just hard enough to make him stop.  "Here it is! 'Nicholas Flamel is the only known maker of the Philosopher's Stone!'"

"The what?" Ron and Harry asked at the same time.

"Honestly, don't you two read?" Hermione glared at them. Rose took a step forwards.

" 'The Philosopher's Stone is a legendary substance with astonishing powers. It will turn any metal into pure gold and produces the Elixir of Life, which will make the drinker immortal.'" She read out loud before looking up at her friends.

"Immortal?" Ron asked astounded. Hermione rolled her eyes.

"It means you'll never die."

"I know what it means!" Ron shouted back.

"Shh!" Harry and Rose shushed them before they would draw attention of the whole library. They smiled at each other before Rose read the next lines.

"'The only stone currently in existence belongs to Mr. Nicholas Flamel, the noted alchemist, who last year celebrated his 665th birthday!'" Hermione gasped and looked at them with wide eyes.

"That's what Fluffy's guarding on the 3rd floor. That's what's under the trapdoor...the Philosopher's Stone!" They exchanged glances. Already making a plan in their 12 year old minds.