11 ~ Mirror

After waking Ron, Harry had taken them to a room he found. It was a dark room lighted by maybe one or two candles hanging from the walls. Rose subconsciously moved closer towards Ron. Harry took no mind and ran further into the room towards an large mirror. 

"Come on. Come. Come look, it's my parents!" Harry beamed pointing towards the mirror. Ron and Rose looked into the mirror but didn't see anyone except themselves.

"I only see me." Ron shook his head but Harry pulled them towards him so they were in front of the mirror.

"Look in properly. Go on. Stand there. There. You see them, don't you? That's my dad" Harry pointed towards the mirror but Rose nor Ron saw his parents. They  however saw something very different.

"That's me! Only, I'm head boy...and I'm holding the Quidditch cup! And bloody hell, I'm Quidditch Captain too! I look good. Harry, do you think this mirror shows the future?" Ron nearly shouted looking wide eyed at the mirror. Rose who was still standing next to him had fallen quiet. She didn't see Ron as the Quidditch captain or Harry parents, no she saw herself on the back of an man who shared the same features as her. They were both laughing, clearly heaving much fun.

"How can it? Both my parents are dead." Harry smiled sadly. Rose finally looked away from the mirror and stopped closer to Harry putting an arm around him in an half hug. Harry looked down at her before smiling and hugging her properly as Ron was still beaming at himself as he kissed the cup.

-

Days passed but the image of the mirror remained in the minds of the friends. It had been over a week now and Harry had already made  a plan so he could see his parents again. But before he could even exit the boys dorm he was stopped by Rose. Harry had nearly blushed at her appearance. A pair of flannel sweats with an brown teddy bear like vest around her and bunny slippers at her feet. Her hair was neatly braided around her shoulders like always but hair was sticking out of it. She had offered him her hand before they had walked towards the room. That's how Harry was now sitting in front of the mirror with an sleeping Rose against his shoulder.

"Back again, Harry?" A voice asked behind him making him turn his head, careful not to wake Rose. "I see that you, like so many before you, have discovered the delights of the Mirror of Erised. I trust by now you realize what it does. Let me give you a clue. The happiest man on earth would look into the mirror and see only himself, exactly as he is." Dumbledore smiled at the two stepping closer so Harry could see him better.

"So, then it shows us what we want? Whatever we want?" Harry looked back at the mirror seeing his parents smiling at him.

"Yes...and no. It shows us nothing more or less than the deepest, most desperate desires of our hearts. Now you, who have never known your family, you see them standing beside you. But remember this, Harry. This mirror gives us neither knowledge or truth. Men have wasted away in front of it, even gone mad. That is why tomorrow it will be moved to a new home, and I must ask you not to go looking for it again. It does not do to dwell on dreams, Harry, and forget to live." Harry looked back at the mirror before looking down at Rose who had slept through the whole conversation. He reached up with his free hand and tugged a strand of hair behind her ear. He smiled seeing her crunch up her nose at the feeling before a smile appeared on her face. She then snuggled further into his shoulder breathing in his smell.