15 ~ The Forbidden Forest

Soon the six of them walked into the forest. Rose still holding Harry's hand. Hagrid suddenly stopped, bend down and dipped his fingers into what looked like a silver puddle. He slowly stood up again and rubbed his fingers together.

"Hagrid, What's that?" Harry asked eying the substance.

"Unicorn blood" Rose answered. Professor Snape had told her everything about it. It was one of the most dangerous ingredients in potion making and strictly forbidden. Hagrid nodded.

"What we're here for. I found one dead a few weeks ago. Now, this one's been injured bad by something. So, it's our job to find the poor beast. Ron, Hermione, you'll come with me."

"Okay." Ron answered looking very pale, even more than normal.

"Harry and Rose, you go with Malfoy." Draco made a sour face while Harry and Rose just nodded.

"Okay. Then I get Fang!" Draco declared. Hagrid nodded.

"Fine. Just so you know, he's a bloody coward." Fang whined making Rose grin. Hagrid nodded at them before handing Rose, Fang's leach. Trusting her the most with him. 

-

Fang barked making Rose laugh. Harry and Draco walked behind them silently. It wasn't like Rose didn't like Draco. She just didn't knew him good enough to like or dislike him yet.

"You wait till my father hears about this. This is servant's stuff." Draco complained holding his lantern a little bit higher.

"If I didn't know better, Draco, I'd say you were scared."Harry smirked not really wanting to be here. At least Rose was here.

"Scared, Potter?!" Draco questioned every bit of fright out of his voice. A loud howl was heard in the distance making Rose clutch Fang's rope tighter. "Did you hear that? Come on, Smith" Draco told Rose walking ahead of them. Rose rolled her eyes but slowed her pace to walk with Harry, leaving Draco alone.

-

The group soon reached a clearing. Roots decorated nearly every bit of it. Fang stopped and snarled.

"What is it, Fang?" Rose asked, petting him.

A slurping sound made them look up from Fang towards an in black covered figure. Rose squinted her eyes only to take a step back in fear. The figure was crouching besides a dead unicorn, drinking its blood. The figure lifted its head, blood dripping from its lips.

"AHHHHHHHHH!!! AHHH!" Draco screamed and Rose had to try her hardest not to join his example. Draco turned and ran away with Fang close behind but what Rose didn't expect was to be pulled along because Fang's rope was wrapped around her ankle for some odd reason.  She screamed on top of her longs, trying to cover her face with her hands as Fang dragged her trough the forest. "Help!" She could faintly hear someone yell before everything went black.

-

"Do you know what is hidden in the school at this very moment?" The centaur asked Harry carefully. Harry nodded.

"The Philosopher's Stone." Suddenly, a dog barked making Harry look up. Hagrid emerged from the shadows with Hermione, Ron and Draco.

"Harry!" Hermione shouted hugging him.

"Hello there, Firenze. I see you've met our young Mr. Potter. You all right there, Harry?" Hagrid asked Harry. He just nodded before he noticed something.

"Where is Rose?" Ron gulped and looked back at Hagrid. Harry followed his gaze to see Hagrid fully emerged from the shadows with Rose in his arms. She was all beat up with mud on her face and cloths. Her hair was tangled with some leaves in it but the worst part was all the scraps on her face and hands. Harry scrambled to his feet and ran towards her.

"What happened?" Hagrid send Harry a sad smile.

"Fang decided to have a little run, without her knowing" Fang who was sitting beside Hagrid whined, lowering his head. "She'll be find, just a nice shower and a pair of clean cloths" Harry looked up at Hagrid. "We should get her to Madam Pomfrey" They all nodded. Even Draco.

"Harry Potter" The centaur said making Harry look at him. Honestly he forgot he was there for a minute. "This is where I leave you. You're safe now. Good luck."