5 ~ Quidditch

Soon the small group stood outside for their flying practise. Students from Gryffindor and Slytherin were lined up in two rows with brooms at their sides. The Teacher, Madam Hooch walked towards them.

"Good afternoon, class." She greeted the class. She had spiked up grey hair and yellow eagle like eyes which made Rose shudder.

"Good afternoon, Madam Hooch." The class repeated.

"Good afternoon, Amanda, good afternoon. Welcome to your first flying lesson. Well, what are you waiting for? Everyone step up to the left side of their broomstick. Come on now, hurry up." Everyone took a couple of steps forwards so they were standing next to their broom. "Stick your right hand over the broom and say, Up!"

"Up!" The class repeated. Rose looked up as she saw Harry's broom fly up to his hand in one try.

"Up!" Rose repeated once more causing the broom to fly in her hand. Madam Hooch smiled making Rose's smile widen.

"Up!" Rose looked up to see Draco's one in his hand. He smirked at her but she looked away.

"With feeling!" Madam Hooch shouted.

"Up. Up. Up. Up." Hermione tried again and again and again but it just wiggled on the grass.

"Up!!" Ron shouted once more but this time his broom shot up hitting him right in the nose. "Ow!" He cried, his hands frying towards his face. Harry laughed making Ron laugh to. "Shut up, Harry."

"Now, once you've got hold of your broom" Madam Hooch stated as everyone had their brooms. "I want you to mount it. And grip it tight, you don't want to be sliding off the end." The class mounted their brooms. "When I blow my whistle, I want each of you to kick off from the ground, hard. Keep your broom steady, hover for a moment, and then lean forward slightly and touch back down. On my whistle...3...2..." She whistled but before anyone could rise up Neville rose high up.

"Mr. Longbottom." He didn't stop, or he couldn't.

"Neville, what are you doing?" Rose asked not wanting anyone to get hurt.

"M-M-Mr. Longbottom Mr. Longbottom!" Madam Hooch sputtered as Neville soared higher and higher. Neville screamed as he soared away. "Mr. Longbottom!" Madam Hooch shouted.

Everyone started shouting Neville's name but it didn't help one bit. He flew against the wall and ended up stuck at the top of the tower. His cloak ripped and he fell towards the ground. He hit the ground with a soft plof.

"Everyone out of the way!" Madam Hooch ran past the students to Neville. "Come on, get up." She helped him sit but quickly noticed something. "Oh, oh, oh, oh dear. It's a broken wrist. Tch, tch, tch. Good boy, come on now, up you get." Rose watched as Draco reached down and grabbed Neville's Remembrall. Madam Hooch supported Neville as they walk away. "Everyone's to keep their feet firmly on the ground while I take Mr. Longbottom to the hospital wing. Understand? If I see a single broom in the air, the one riding it will find themselves out of Hogwarts before they can say, Quidditch." She lead Neville trough an archway before they couldn't be seen anymore.

"Did you see his face? Maybe if the fat lump had given this a squeeze, he'd have remembered to fall on his fat ass." Draco laughed as he tosses the ball in the air before catching it again.

"Give it here, Malfoy." Harry spoke taking a step closer to Draco.

"No. I think I'll leave it somewhere for Longbottom to find." He jumped on his broom and soared up. "How 'bout up on the roof??" He soared even higher before looking back at Harry with an smirk. "What's the matter, Potter? Bit beyond your reach?" Harry grabbed his broom and was about to get on when Hermione stopped him.