1

Ashanti Myers (17)
At Home

"But why I gotta go?" I whined to my dad. He was trying to make go to my grandmother's funeral. The lady didn't want nothing to do with me. She told me I was a disgrace on multiple occasions.

"'Cus Shanti, she ya gma. Just get dressed." He said putting his white dress shirt on the ironing board.

"But dad. You know that lady didn't like me. I didn't like her either. I'm not finna pay my respects to somebody who didn't respect me." I said walking out of his room.

"Get in the shower Ashanti." I rolled my eyes, grabbing my phone off of the charger. I went to check Instagram.

I swiped through the stories 'til I got to my best friends. She was posting her outfit from her birthday last week with the caption "Take me back😩". I rolled my eyes thinking back on what happened that night.
____________
Flashback
At Ariana's House

"Ari, come over here." I yelled out to my bestie. She came and sat by me in the dining room.

"What's up?"

"You got the stuff?" I said hinting to her. She nodded her head.

"My brother got it in his bag." She said before getting up. I got up, trailing behind her.

I went to the basement, which is were me, Ari, and her brothers hang out. In other words, where we get high at.

"Kaden, you down here?" I said walking down the steps.

"Yeah, what's up?" He said coming out the bathroom. I looked at his eyes before sitting on the couch.

"Nothing. We waiting for Ari and Dre?" I asked pulling out my phone.

"Yeah, Dre upstairs. I told him to come on though. He should be down here in a little."

"Hmm."
_______________
Present Time

Just know we got high as hell that night. Ari ended up knocked the fuck out on the couch down there.

I walked into the bathroom and I grabbed my towel off the back of the door. I cut the speakers on and played Rod Wave. I cut the waters on. Just a coincidence that his song, Tombstone, came on first.

15 minutes passed and I hopped out the shower. I brushed my teeth and flossed, as well. I used the toilet and wiped before walking in my room in which the bathroom was connected.

"Shanti, come on!" My dad said yelling to from downstairs. I rolled my eyes. I put on these ripped jeans in which there was one big rip that went from from my thigh to knee cap. It was on both legs. I put on a red flannel shirt with some Timberland heels. I put on some lashes, lip gloss, and my glasses I got from SHEIN.
_____________
After The Funeral

"Why the hell you wore this?" My mother said pulling me to side. I rolled my eyes. This bitch crazy as hell talking to me any kind of way.

"Girl, please move away from me." I said walking away from her. I went to my dad to get the keys from him. Walking to the car my stepbrother, Zachariah, came running up behind me.

"Where you finna go?" He said walking beside me.

"I'm finna sit in the car. Why?"

"I'm finna go match wit somebody, you tryna come?" My eyes opened wide as hell. I walked over to my dad.

"Dad, I'm finna go with Zac. He'll bring me home." I said handing him his keys back. He eyed me.

"Be safe Ashanti. I'm not playing. And you better not do nothing stupid." He said giving me a hug. I hugged him back before walking to Zac's car where he was waiting for me.

"Damn! Took you long enough." He said starting the car. I rolled my eyes and started to scroll on my phone as he drove to his homeboy's house.
_________________
Later On
At The Homeboy's House

"Zac, tell this ugly ass nigga to stop looking at me." I said making everyone laugh except for him.

"Damn lil sis got no chill." said RJ, Zac's homeboy, the boy house we were at.

"Nah he just needa control his eyes." I said about to FaceTime Ari. I got up off the couch and walked to the kitchen.

"Helloooo Bestfriend!" I yelled as the screen said connecting.

"Heyyy beautiful!" She said making me smile showing my straight pearly whites.

"I miss you tinka!" I said propping up my phone on the Paper Towel Roll.

"I miss you more! Who house you at?"

"RJ. They finna roll up but I don't wanna smoke right now." I said hearing somebody come. I peeked around the corner seeing the boy from earlier who kept staring at me.

"Hold on Ari. Ima call you back." I said hanging up the phone before she got a chance to say anything.

"Youn gotta hang up the phone. Ion give a fuck bout ha." He said grabbing a water from the refrigerator behind me. I suck my teeth.

"Nigga please shut the fuck up. Damn you finna blow me, for real." I said walking to the living room.

"Damn you mad?"

"Oh my fucking god. You finna piss me off. And when I put my hands on you, you better not say nothing." I said walking past him to go back to RJ room where the rest of them were. He grabbed my arm. I yanked my arm tryna get out of his grip.

"I wish you would try to muh' fucking hit me. I'a break yo arms." He said before pushing me. I damn near fell into the couch.

"Zac! Get the ugly ass nigga from out my face." I said yelling for him. He came walking down the steps with RJ behind him.

"What happened?"

"This nigga finna piss me off and he sitting up here putting his dirty ass fingers on my flannel. Then the bitch pushed me." I said. Zac walked up to him.

"You put yo hands on my sister?" Zac said in a stern tone.

"Hell nawl. Ian put my hands on that guh. Stop lying to this man like you didn't just threaten to hit me."

"Ou bitch-"

"Calm down Shanti. Just go upstairs." I walked up there and they followed behind. When we got up there RJ rolled the blunt and I took the first hit. I handed it to the left since the ugly nigga was sitting on the right.

The thing was he wasn't ugly for real. He wasn't ugly at all. He was just annoying as fuck.

He was brown skin, a sleeve tat, one neck tat on left side, tall, short blonde locs. He had a nose piercing. He looked so fine.

"What's yo name?" I said starting to feel the weed.

"Neo. Why?" He said making a ugly ass face.

"What's yo number?"

"Why?" He said asking again.

"Damn nigga cause you cute." I said making Zac laugh.

"Shanti shut up, bruh." He said laughing.

____________

Vote.❤️