10

Ashanti Myers

So, its been about a week since I blocked Neo. Surprisingly, he hasn't popped up yet. I was still tryna get over the fact that he used me.

I hadn't been to school that whole week. I deleted all my socials. My phone stayed in DND. The only people who could talk to me was my dad, Zac, Ari, and Ms. Summer.

Ari has been coming by and giving me the work so that I could still be caught up on my work.

"Dad, can you order me some food?" I said walking into his bedroom.

"Yeah, what you want?"

"Wingstop. A 8 piece lemon pepper hot, all flats with a sprite." I said. He nodded his head letting me know he got my order. "Thank you" i said walking out.
___________
"When is you coming back to school?" Ari said walking in my room.

"Girl, i dont even know. I was thinking maybe next week."

"Well hurry up because this sad, sappy shit needa go. That nigga hasn't even tried to hit you up since, has he?" She said giving me a straight faced look.

"No."

"Exactly. So get the fuck over him bruh." She said taking one of my wings. I watched as she chewed it up.

"Bruh I am over him, I'm just not in the right mind to put my focus back on school, altogether."
______________

"Dad, I'm finna go to Ari house." I said walking into the living room. Ariana followed behind me.

"Hell nawl. Its been a week since yo ass told me we was gone talk about it." He said looking behind the couch, at me.

I widened my eyes.

"Now Mr. Myers. You mind as well let her go. Dre already outside. And you know you want this house to yourself." Ari said as we eased our way over to the door.

"Bye li' girls." He was waving his hand and turning his focus back to the television. I grabbed my purse that was on the hook and slipped my slides on.

"Heyyy Dre." I said walking over to the car. Ari made me get in the backseat.

"What's up lil bit." He said looking at me. I got in and buckled my seat belt. I closed the door, and he sped out of the neighborhood.

"So what you been up to?" I said looking at him through the rearview mirror.

"I should ask yo ass the same thing. Yo ass done went ghost." He said making me laugh.

"Man, i'm chilling now. Fuck that nigga." I said looking out the window.

"I know that's right." Ari chimed in.
______________

"Twin. Then his ass gone tell me that he don't care. Like bitch I see that shit now." I said talking to Kaden.

"Well shid fuck him. His ass hasn't came around here in a while either." He said in response.

"Man... its fuck him. On to the next bestfriend." I said making Ari side eye me.

"Girl keep playing and get blocked." She said making me laugh.

"Ya'll some messy ass kids." Dre said walking down the steps with the weed. My eyes lit up. I haven't had weed since 3 weeks ago. My ass feel like I'm going through withdrawal.
_____________
"Pleaseeee just leave me aloneeee!" I said walking out of my room.

"What's wrong with you?" My dad said

"Neo keep tryna call me." I said walking in the kitchen.

"What happened with ya'll?"

"He was flirting with me and shit, and then when he was dropping me off at the house like a month and a half ago, he was tryna kiss me." I said. My dad cocked his head to the side.

"Let me finish... And i was like I'm not on that type of timing. I guess he a caught an attitude or sum and was like he not tripping on me, this that and the third. blah blah blah. then i called ari and told her what happened and she was like cut him off cause he using me. cause, mind you, he was already telling me some days before that happened that him and his ex might get back together for the sake of their baby that they got on the way."

"so he got somebody pregnant and was tryna mess with you while still tryna get back with his ex... and you just now figuring out that he was using you?" My dad said making me roll my eyes.

"See that's not even the case. Ari had to tell me that he was using me. And it still had me in my feelings because I really just wanted a cool ass friendship and vibe with someone. On some real G shit."

"Well now you know that you can't trust these niggas. And like I've been telling you since day 1, everybody not yo' damn friend. These motherfuckers would rather rise above you than rise with you. Every flower in the garden aint a good one." He said reciting old verses he used to say to me when i was young.

We talked for a little while more before I decided to be petty and post some shit on Instagram.

(story 1)

*click* (story 2)

*click* (story 2)

*click* (story 3)

*click* (story 3)

_________I had hella story replies:

_________
I had hella story replies:

random1: girl who you talking bout? 🤔
random2: we dgaf
random3: you finally posted 😒
nigga1: lemme get yo number
nigga2: 😍
_____________
"I hate being the prettiest problem he ever had to deal with." I said flipping my silk press back in a smooth fashion.

"A problem, yeah, pretty... think again." My dad said said looking at me with a mug.

"Nigga you just mad cause yo bitch pussy stank." I said retorting back to him immediately.

"You been waiting to say that, huh?" He said making me laugh.

"You already know it." I said mkaing him join in on the laughter with me.