14

A week later...
Ashanti Myers

"Ariana. I know you mad at me but bro you gotta listen to me. He co- I was taken advantage of. I was high as hell and you know I do stupid shit when I'm high. And that was some stupid shit. I let him fuck. He posted me. I got people blowing up phone about this shit. I'm on the shade room teens and almost every tea page for our school and Atlanta." I said looking at her. She was still looking down at her phone.

"I knew I shoulda beat that nigga ass that night." She said cutting her phone off.

"And that's my fault. I let him drag you to his car and all I said was 'let her go'. That's on me. I should've been a better bestfriend." She said. There was hella sarcasm in her tone.

"Ari. I'm sorry. But it was honest mistake. I can't promise that it won't happen again though." I said. She scoffed and shook her head.

"Alright Ashanti. Whatever. You not gone listen to me either way." She said getting off the table in the cafeteria.

"Are you coming to Dre graduation party next week?" She asked me as she walked off to first period.

"Yeah. Um, when is that actual ceremony though?" I asked.

"Saturday."

I nodded my head. I followed her to our first period. Kaden walked in the class. I laughed at him cause he had on some shades and I already knew he was high as fuck.

"Twinnn!" I yelled out making him look in shock at the back of the classroom.

"Yooo. My young nigga. Where the fuck you been at?" He said dapping me up and acting confused. I laughed because he had just seen me the day before yesterday.

"Man, I just chilling for real." I said.

"Bro, you really my mans for real. Like I really fuck you heavy. Like you is my son." Kaden said putting his finger in my face with a New York accent.

"Boy- Aight don't piss me off." I said mugging him.

"I'm sorry. I just miss my young nigga folks." He said giving me a hug. Ari was just looking at us.

"Y'all cute." I heard a bitch say as she and her friends started laughing as they took seats in front of us. I looked at Ari and she looked at me. Kaden was sitting there at this point.

"Bestie it's something funny?" Ari asked me loud enough for them to hear.

"Hell nah." I said loud as well.

"We ain't think so." Me and Ariana said in unison.

"It's a problem?" The 'head bitch' turned around and said.

"That's what we tryna figure out. The fuck is so funny?" I asked getting loud and buck.

"Inside joke." One of the other girls said jumping in the conversation.

"Man, Faye just leave them alone. You and yo' maggot ass friends finna blow my high." Kaden said jumping in the conversation.

"Faye? Like the Faye that let you hit and her shit was loose and then she tried to make you put it in her ass? That Faye?" I said making Ariana eyes widen. Kaden busted out laughing.

"What? Bitch you going round telling my business to this hoe ass girl?" Faye said.

"Bitch? Never been that. Hoe? Can't recall." I said. "The bitch lucky ain't say that shit loud."

She reached over the desk and punched me in my face. I sucked my teeth because I wasn't even tryna be on that type of timing on my first day back.

I sighed and I just started swinging on her. I grabbed her hair and started slinging her around the classroom. I was kicking her, punching her, slapping, scratching. Everything.

I blacked out and everything went black. I was so locked in on trying to get to that girl, I pushed past the principal and the security guard.
_______________
"Bruh, Shan you shoulda just let her have it." Kaden said laughing. I was smiling as they put the ice on my hands.

"That bitch that she was gone punch me and I was just gone let her have it? The hell type shit." I said.

"My bestie did her shit!!!!" Ari said putting her camera in my face. I smiled and threw up the gang sign.

"Aye send me them videos to my instagram." I said to camera before she ended it. "Send me that." I said. Ari and Kaden started laughing.

"The hell happened?" Dremond said as he took the ice off my hand and put some neosporin on it.

"She was talking out the side of her mouth, Shan talked back, Faye popped Shan, Shan beat her ass." Kaden said summing the shit up in a sentence.

"Damn. Well yo shit not broke but keep the ice on it and take some Ibuprofen cause you gone be hurt tomorrow." Dre said. I nodded my head.

"Can y'all take me home?" I asked. Ari side eyed me and I started laughing.

"Hell no cause you want to go to that nigga house." Ari said.

"Bitchhh. No I don't." I said smiling and lying.