9

Ashanti Myers
1 month later...

"Shan, get yo ass down here." My dad yelled for me.

"Yes?" I said walking down there.

"Why is there a grown ass nigga at my door asking for you?" He said making my eyes widen. I went over to the door and looked through the peephole. It was Neo.

"Why are you hereee?" I said opening the door.

"Well hey to you to." He said pushing past me. "Hey, I'm Neo, Shan's bestfriend." He said holding his hand out to shake my dad's hand.

"I'm her dad." He said meeting his hand in the middle.

"Nice to finally meet you after 5 months." Neo said throwing shade to me. I rolled my eyes and asked once again.

"What are you doing here, Neo?" I said looking at him.

"Well, I was tryna surprise you but obviously you don't want me here." He said making me smirk.

"Nahhh. You can stay. And since you here let me get my phone." I said running up the steps. I came back with my phone.

"Heyyyy vloggg! So today, ya'll friend decided to show up to my house and he met my dad. Say hey guys." I said putting the camera on them.

"What's up." They both said in unison making me bust out laughing and they mugged me.

"Okay ya'll anyways. ima just get back to ya'll later." I said shutting the camera off. "So... that weather huh?" I said breaking the awkward silence.

"So, how ya'll met?" My dad asking us. I took a seat next to Neo on the barstool.

"We met through Zachariah. We was just chilling at our homeboy crib. She'en like me at first though." He said looking at me.

"No dad. Because he was staring at me the whole time. And you know I hate when people stare." I said rolling my eyes.

"Mmm. And yall just friends right?"

"Yes we just friends." I said.

"Mm." My dad said walking off to his room.
_____________

"UNDER THE GLOW, OF THE VERY BRIGHT LIGHTS!" I said yelling the lyrics to the boys at the house.

"Don't start on that bullshit, Shan." Zac said mugging me.

"Turned my face, towards the warm night sky!" RJ said joining. I started laughing.

"And I-I-I-I am not afraid of a thousand eyess! When they're above five hundred smilesss!" I said singing with my heart.

"Oh I used to think..." I sang.

"Ight shut that shit up for real." Zac said hating. I looked over at Neo who was high off his ass. I went over to him. He was dead ass just staring at the ceiling.

"Neo, you okay?" I asked him. He looked at me and started smiling.

"Yeah, I'm good."
_________________
Neo went home. I decided that I wanted to go to my house.

"Wait. Give me a kiss." Neo said pulling into my neighborhood. I mugged him.

"Boy get yo' mu'fucking lips away from me." I said rolling my eyes.

It turns out that the baby was his. I've been so sick just thinking about the fact I really almost let him have sex with me. I haven't even been doing stuff like that with him since I found out.

"What's wrong wit you bruh?" He said.

"Ian on that type of timing today." I said looking out the window.

"Ight whatever. Shid, ian really tripping on it." He said pulling into the driveway. "Ima call you later." I nodded my head and went into the house.
_____________

"Ari, he told me to give him a kiss." I said on the phone with Ariana, in my den.

"Well it all really boils down to, did you give him one?" Ari said looking at the camera with tooted lips.

"Girl hell no. I can't kiss niggas that got kids. That shit really don't sit right with me. And he was just telling me the other day, that they might back together for the sake of the child." I went on rambling.

"So why the fuck would he try to kiss you, if he want h-. Shan. I hope you starting to peep what I'm peeping right now." I looked at the screen confused as fuck.

"No? What you peep?"

"Nigga only fuck with you when you high and when he feel lonely cause he know since ya'll supposedly "bestfriends" you gone be there in that time of need. Like how he be coming over and picking you up to talk. And he cry on yo shoulder and shit. He been high all them times annit?" Ariana said speaking facts.

"Yeah but sometimes he just be in his feelings about shit."

"Exactly what the fuck I'm saying. Ashanti. If you can't see that he using the fuck outta you, I honestly don't know what to tell you. Because my bestfriend is not that damn oblivious and naïve." She said. I looked at the phone with glossy eyes.

I didn't know why I was about to cry. Maybe it was the fact I didn't want what she was saying to be true. Maybe it was the fact I had feelings for him, so I just continue let him to do it.

"Okay. I'll call when I find out what I'm gonna do." I said hanging up without waiting for her response.

I immediately started to sob. Crying was the only thing I could do. One of my bestfriend's was telling me true shit I didn't want to believe and my other bestfriend was using me.

"Shan you good?" My dad said opening the den door.

"No bruh." I said through my tears.

"You wanna talk to me about it. I'm tryna parent..."

"No, not right now." I said. He placed a box of tissue beside me. He hugged me and walked out.

"Why does this shit always happen to me dude." I thought to myself. "He really doing this to me and I'm sitting here fucking crying about him."

"Just cut him off. He not even all that for real. Yeah. he cut. Lemme block him right now." I thought to myself, wiping my face with the tissues my dad provided.