Chapter 11: Piper's charmspeak

Unedited. 

Onto the chapter my peeps and don't forget to comment and vote for the book!

Annabeth's pov: (continuation from last chappy)

I gasped causing everyone to turn to me. I quickly pried open the bottom of the paper and read it aloud," Guys, big problem. The bottom half of the page was stuck together. We still have to buy a lot of things! We still need:

1.     Quills

2.     Writing paper

3.     Safety gloves

4.     Ink

5.     Ingredients pack for year 7

I think that we can find everything we need in 'Scribbulus Writing Equipment. Everything except the ingredients, that is. We can find those in 'Slug and Jiggers Apothecary."

Jason face palmed and said," We just passed both those shops when we were walking this way! They were two or three shops behind the pet shop!"

I swirled around and started walking back the way we came with Percy and the rest at my heels. Jason walked up to me and said," It isn't that far. It's just a block ahead."

I sighed and nodded. I let him take the lead. Soon after the incidence, we stood at the door of the shop. I figured it would take us just a little while to get what we need but I wanted to make up for the lost time so I said," How about we split up again? I mean the shops are directly opposite each other."

Jason nodded and said," So, same team?"

"Yup," Leo said as he popped the 'p'. Leo trudged over to Piper and passed his arm through her arm and started to skip to the shop while singing," Sparky is a spark plug! Percy is a seaweed brain! Annabeth is a smarty pants! Piper is a beauty queen! Hazel is a Goldie gold! Frank is ... well, everything!"

I started laughing at him as the others joined in as well.

Leo's pov:

I started singing as I walked over to the shop named 'Slug and Jiggers Apothecary.'

Piper had started skipping as well but only because I was skipping. We burst through the ingredients store and Jason walked over to the counter and said," Nine sets of potion ingredients for seventh graders, please."

The guy behind the counter looked at Piper and me in amusement. Then we disappeared behind a column of shelves.

Jason looked at me and I at him. Piper was looking at the shelves nearest to her. I realized that I was still holding her so I let go and walked over to Jason.

"So, what's up, bro?" I asked.

Jason shrugged and replied," oh nothing. So, what do you reckon school will be like?"

"Ah, don't really have to worry about it. I already know that I'll get kicked out soon enough," I said.

Jason slapped me on my back and said," You're not going to be expelled. Not on my watch."

"Er, Excuse me?" the shop keeper said.

Jason and I swirled around and came face to face with the shop keeper who had stacked the nine sets of ingredients on the counter.

I whistled and started stuffing the kits in my tool belt. Fortunately, they fit. Jason paid and walked over to Piper and grabbed her hand. I followed close behind them when someone right behind me said," Leo, what do you reckon the wizards are like?"

That made me jump. I swirled around to face Nico and said," Ahh, ugh, Nico! Stop trying to sneak up on me!"

Nico just stared at me in amusement. I waved my hand in front of his face but he didn't do anything.

"Nico, come on!" I yelled in his face. He still didn't move so I decided to slap him but as soon as I touched his face, he grabbed my arm and threw me onto the floor.

He didn't let go of my arm and pinned my to the ground.

"Ow! Get off of me, Nico!" I yelled trying to get him off of me.

Piper noticed and stopped Jason and just watched in amusement.

"Uh, Pipes? Why don't you help me out here, huh?" I asked, putting in the nicest tone I could muster. I tried for the puppy dog face but failed miserably.

Piper chuckled but then turned to Nico and said," you will get off of Leo... after exactly five minutes! Twist his arm a little more until then! A few punches would be good too!"

Then she turned to me," You will not move one bit until the five minutes are over!"

"Aw, come on, Piper!" I yelled but the trance was really hard to get over. I felt myself being obliged to do what Piper said.

Suddenly I was as limp as a rag doll which I was being used as right now. Piper smirked at me and turned around to leave with Jason following closely behind her.

He shot me an apologetically glance and turned to leave.

In the meanwhile, it was my turn to yell. Nico twisted my arm even more, if that was possible. I shrieked in pain and tried to get him off of me.

Just when I thought that my arm would come off, Nico released it and got off of me. I rolled onto my back and rubbed my shoulder and said," Bad Death Breath!"

Nico smirked and said," Not finished yet!"

He jutted out his elbow and let himself fall. His elbow came on top of my stomach causing me to howl in pain and annoyance. Stupid Piper! I thought.

Nico got up and aimed his elbow for my chest this time. I rolled out of reach in the nick of time.

Nico's elbow slammed onto the floor causing him to yelp. I threw my legs around his fallen body and pinned his arm behind his back.

He struggled to get me off of him but failed miserably. I said," How about we form a truce?"

Nico nodded and then I helped him to his feet. We shook hands. Nico said," No one finds out about this!"

"Okay, Death breath," I replied.

Nico's face turned red with anger. He slammed his fist into my gut and said," Don't call me that!"

"I thought we signed a truce!" I muttered as my face scrunched up in pain. He dug his fist in deeper until I yelled out in pain.

Then he let go but I wasn't done. I launched myself towards him and slammed into him. We rolled out of the door of the store and landed at Piper's feet.

"You little brat," I yelled at Piper.

She chuckled and said," Who? Me?"

"Yes you! How could you do that to us?" Nico yelled which surprised the others. Annabeth and the rest of the group were back.

"The way I just did, Nico," She replied.

I felt my face turn hot. Uh oh, I'm turning fire man!

I looked down to find my body up in flames. Percy yelped and summoned water. Soon I was drenched in water. The flames were out and the clothes I wore were just slightly singed. Thank you Calypso!

"Wow, dude, calm down!" Percy exclaimed. Unfortunately, Nico got drenched in water as well.

"Percy!" he yelled. Percy's face scrunched up in like uh oh!

He eyed around and ran off towards the other side of the alley yelling," Help me!"

Annabeth laughed as Nico got to his feet and ran over to the shadows and disappeared.

The whole group started laughing hysterically even Carter and Sadie. Soon after I stuffed my tool belt with the writing supplies, Percy and Nico showed up panting like crazy.

Comment and vote and:

May the gods be ever in your favor

until next time my peeps!