Chapter 2: Water hashira

...

'Who is that..?'
Tanjiro questioned still with tears and sitting on the floor

Giyuu cautiously entered the room with his hand resting on the hilt of his katana.

"Why are you crying"

"I..."
The younger male started but couldn't get any words out not knowing how to word anything

Tanjiro notices that the man was tense and cautious with every movement he made. He could also smell the man's seriousness as he entered the room. Giyuu took his katana out and got into a fighting stance ready to slay the demon infront of him. The katana now out and facing tanjiro he starts to panic as he is afraid and confused about why the man has a katana.

"Don't h-hurt me"
Tanjiro had plead to the black haired male

Confused but still focused on his mission he keeps his stance.

"And why shouldn't I kill you right now?"

"Why do you want to kill me, what did I do?"
Asked a terrified yet calm looking tanjiro

Giyuu was now baffled since it didn't seem that the boy knows what he currently is. Putting his sword back in place he walks up to tanjiro and crouches down in front of him.

"You're an oni. You do know that right?"

"...an..oni..? What do you mean..."

"Onis are creatures who eat humans, you're one but don't know about them?"
Giyuu questioningly asked

Tanjiro shakes his head in response. Giyuu stares at the young oni curiously thinking of what to say, wondering what happened before he found tanjiro.

"Do you remember anything from before I found you?"
Giyuu asked

Tanjiro looks at the floor remembering everything that happened before giyuu had found him. Him finding his family dead, fighting someone and getting knocked out, waking up only to have to bury his family...

Tanjiro starts crying again remembering all the events that took place which left him alone with no one. He looks at giyuu and hugs him crying not caring what the older male thought. Giyuu sits there speechless not knowing what to do with the young oni who was hugging him.

"Their gone...their dead!"

"Who's dead?"

"My family...he killed them!"
Tanjiro yelled now mad inside

Giyuu didn't know what to do so he just hugged tanjiro back trying his best to comfort the boy. Tanjiro felt giyuu hug him back, he calms down not wanting to let go.

'Only if I had gotten there a day sooner his family would be alive and he would still be human'
Giyuu thought to himself

"Follow me"

"Huh..?"

"I'm taking you with me"

"Okay..."
Tanjiro said

With that tanjiro gets off of Giyuu and stands up. Giyuu stood up after tanjiro did and turned to the door. He walks up to the door and slides it open, he along with tanjiro walk out of the room and house. Once they are outside giyuu stops with his arm out infront of him. Tanjiro stands behind the older male and sees a crow land on his arm.

"Inform master that I failed my mission and will be heading back now...let him know that I'll be bringing a demon with me as well but that he's different from others..."
Giyuu told the crow on his arm

He watches as his crow caws before flying off into the night sky. After seeing his crow fly off he feels someone grab his hand, he looks behind him to see tanjiro staring back at him blankly.

"What's you're name?"

"Kamado tanjiro..."

"Giyuu tomioka...I'm part of the demon slayer corps, I'm the water hashira..."
Giyuu stated

They continue to walk down the mountain through the forest still with there hands joined.

---

Soon night turned into day and the two were in a cave avoiding the sun because of tanjiro.

"Why can't I go into the sun..?"

"Do you want me to be honest?"

"Yes"

"You'll die if you come in contact with the sun"

"Oh..."
Tanjiro muttered

Tanjiro lays down and the hard cold ground not knowing what to do while they wait for the sun to set. He looks at giyuu who stands at the entrance of the cave seeming to stand guard. He looks away from the entrance and faces the other way, tired tanjiro slowly falls asleep to the sound of snow falling and giyuu walking around.

'I wonder what's gonna happen now...'

---

"Hey...wake up it's time to go"

Tanjiro rubs his eyes as he slowly opens them, he sits up and sees giyuu next to him. He notices that it's night out as he looks behind giyuu.

"Mhmm...is it time to go already..?"
Tanjiro yawned

Giyuu just nods his head ever so slightly in response. Tanjiro stands up and so does giyuu, he grabs his hand again as the two continue their walk to wherever they are headed. After exiting the cave tanjiro can't help but look around at the snowy forest night.

'It's beautiful at night...I wonder what will happen once we get to wherever we're headed'
Tanjiro thought

Giyuu notices the smaller male lost in thought and just awkwardly stares at him. Tanjiro sees him staring and stares back...They awkwardly and silently stare at one another.

"You're eyes are...uh, pretty. I like them"
Tanjiro complimented

"Oh...thank you I guess..."
Giyuu said surprised

He turned away not knowing how to process the new 'information' that the younger one had given him. They walk in silence after that.

---

It's day time again and the two are back in a cave to avoid the sun. Tanjiro stares out the cave from afar while giyuu is sleeping next to him. He looks at giyuu to make sure he's sleeping before getting up quietly.

'It's almost been two days since we started our travel and he hasn't eaten yet. I should go collect some berries for him'
Tanjiro thought

With that set he goes up to the caves entrance completely forgetting the one important thing giyuu told him. He makes it to the mouth of the cave and looks up at the blue sky.

'I forgot how beautiful it was during the day...'
Tanjiro thought

He steps out into the sun...nothing happens at first but then tanjiro felt a sharp pain all over his body.

'Agh! What is this pain? Calm down tanjiro, it isn't as bad as...'
He thought

Tanjiro starts to calm down, he then starts to feel the pain slowly subside (go away)

'Huh? The pains gone'
Tanjiro thought relieved

He walks into the forest ready to fulfill his mission of getting food then suddenly stops.

'Wait...didn't giyuu-san say that I would die in the sun?'

...

---

Sorry if this felt rushed or short I'm busy and was trying to get this out fast.
(I started it on a Friday night)

Hope you enjoyed